GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the truck running today but it displays the P0300 code Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected.I know whats causing the code, I need to redo the crank relearn. Can I drive to school, ~60 miles, or will it hurt the engine?

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I have it disabled so lets hope not. LOL

·
GMFS Uber-Member
688 Posts
If the computer just thinks the engine is misfiring cus the crank needs to relearn you're fine. Now if you've got an actual misfire, that's needs checking out. Can be kinda bad to "OH HOLY SHIT!!!" bad.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
I have it disabled so lets hope not. LOL
when we did my cam it was throwing a miss fire but we just made the censor less sensitive so it can still know when it is miss firing

do all of you guys have a mail tune?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Wait4Me tune right now. I don't need to do the relearn b/c of the tune, its because I tried starting the truck without a sensor plugged in or because I moved the flywheel when putting in the transmission.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did the relearn today and I went and cleared my codes. I thought I would just be clearing the P0300 again but I had some other codes:
P0171: Engine running lean
P0131: 02 sensor malfunctioning

I don't have any cats so that explains the P0131 code but I never had either of those codes until after the tranny swap. I checked all of the connections today and the Wait4me tune was supposed to automatically delete those 02 codes. Before the relearn, the engine sputtered and idled around 4-500 rpms, now it idles better at around 6-700rpms, it cuts out still though. What should I do to find out whats wrong?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I did the relearn today and I went and cleared my codes. I thought I would just be clearing the P0300 again but I had some other codes:
P0171: Engine running lean
P0131: 02 sensor malfunctioning

I don't have any cats so that explains the P0131 code but I never had either of those codes until after the tranny swap. I checked all of the connections today and the Wait4me tune was supposed to automatically delete those 02 codes. Before the relearn, the engine sputtered and idled around 4-500 rpms, now it idles better at around 6-700rpms, it cuts out still though. What should I do to find out whats wrong?
P0131 is for your front O2 sensor on the driver's side. It and P0171 are related. I'd hop under the truck to make sure that the sensor is connected properly and the wires are not crimped or anything like that. If everything looks fine there, then the problem is that you are in fact running very lean on the driver's side. What mods have you done recently?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats the weird thing, I just replaced the trans and the t-case. Before it drove fine on and off the trailer in 4-hi since 2wd wasn't an option. After everything was installed it started throwing these codes. The engine is bone stock except for straight pipes and a Wait4me tune. I will double check the front O2 sensor tomorrow, hopefully that will fix it. If not I will go and buy some O2 sims.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts