GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
between the base models and the SLE model with the sierra. I would like to know what a $4000 difference is for besides a leather wrapped steering wheel and power locks. Do the SLE and base look physically the same? Also, does anyone have any pictures of trucks which did not get the rear bumper? Thanks, michael.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
GMCtrk said:
between the base models and the SLE model with the sierra. I would like to know what a $4000 difference is for besides a leather wrapped steering wheel and power locks. Do the SLE and base look physically the same? Also, does anyone have any pictures of trucks which did not get the rear bumper? Thanks, michael.
the SLE package includes carpet, power windows, locks, CD player, power mirrors, the ability to have: power seats, XM,onstar, steering wheel controls, etc. with a base you cant even opt for any of those. they arent offereing trucks without back bumpers anymore... they all atleast have a grey one stock these days. i would spend the couple bucks and get the SLE

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Josh said:
the SLE package includes carpet, power windows, locks, CD player, power mirrors, the ability to have: power seats, XM,onstar, steering wheel controls, etc. with a base you cant even opt for any of those. they arent offereing trucks without back bumpers anymore... they all atleast have a grey one stock these days. i would spend the couple bucks and get the SLE
man that sucks...I know the silverados have bumper delete option

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jebx said:
The new GMC strippy has an ugly gray grille too, i mean it just doesn't look right on there.
for like $100 more you get the chrome grill and all.

So besides the 4.8 L in the SLE over the base, what accounts for that extra $3000 really??? With the base you can upgrade to the 4.8 for $800 extra. Also, the base does come with carpet. W/T comes with plastic floor.

Also, I could care less about the grey bumper since I plan on doing a denali front end conversion anyways. I also would paint the rear bumper and mirrors black.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i too have thought about getting a base model in the past. i drive quite a few of them for good distances at work, then return them back to the dealerships. they really arent THAT bad, but when i get back into my LS at the end of the day, im glad i spent the few bucks to get it. if you really want to, you can always find the parts to make your base an LS or even an LT on ebay. just takes some work and some time. good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Josh said:
i too have thought about getting a base model in the past. i drive quite a few of them for good distances at work, then return them back to the dealerships. they really arent THAT bad, but when i get back into my LS at the end of the day, im glad i spent the few bucks to get it. if you really want to, you can always find the parts to make your base an LS or even an LT on ebay. just takes some work and some time. good luck with your decision.
can you please elaborate on some of those differences? THanks, Michael.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
GMCtrk said:
can you please elaborate on some of those differences? THanks, Michael.
here are the ones i can think of, im sure there are more....
seats-more comfortable, better cloth folding console. CD player and better speakers/tweeters. dash bezel isnt black, and matches the rest of the dash. power windows, power locks power mirrors. tinted glass on the back windows. chrome rear bumper. im sure there is a list somewhere on GM's site.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
i have a base model chevy that came with the gray rear bumper, gray grille and manual locks and windows. it's not that big of deal for me since i'm pretty much doing away with all of the stock stuff anyway. so far i've replaced the bumper with a rollpan, and added power locks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chevyman992002 said:
i have a base model chevy that came with the gray rear bumper, gray grille and manual locks and windows. it's not that big of deal for me since i'm pretty much doing away with all of the stock stuff anyway. so far i've replaced the bumper with a rollpan, and added power locks.
cool cool. I plan on doing the denali front end conversion anyways and painting the rear back bumper. HOwever, I would get the power locks and windows option (like $160 or something).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts