GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I've posted a few times (and thanks for all the help), this is truly a great site. I've searched here (and trolled at others), but I'm still struggling to find what I'm really looking for. Below is a link of what I'm after. In my opinion this truck has the perfect stance and lift for MY purposes. Anyone care to comment on how I can achieve this?? Is this a level or do you suspect it's a lift with a wheel and tire upgrade? I can't tell, can you? Any help/advice appreciated!

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/ima...evrolet-Silverado-and-GMC-Sierra-02-large.jpg

·
I abuse drugs.
3,327 Posts
It says in the picture that it's a 4inch lift.

The lift is via a leveling kit, a big one to be exact.

The truck shown is an HD, so it will sit taller than a 1500 regardless what lift you put on it. The tires and rims are also upgraded, yes (34.5inch tire on 20x9 rim).

If your purposes include a blown out front end, go for it, stretched 4inch leveling kit. I would suggest a 2.5in level, and a 1.5in body lift. That equals 4in of lift total, still with a comfortable ride and proper CV axle angles as well as UCA space.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It says in the picture that it's a 4inch lift.

The lift is via a leveling kit, a big one to be exact.

The truck shown is an HD, so it will sit taller than a 1500 regardless what lift you put on it. The tires and rims are also upgraded, yes (34.5inch tire on 20x9 rim).

If your purposes include a blown out front end, go for it, stretched 4inch leveling kit. I would suggest a 2.5in level, and a 1.5in body lift. That equals 4in of lift total, still with a comfortable ride and proper CV axle angles as well as UCA space.
Oh boy do I feel like an idiot. Thanks for pointing it out to Captain Obvious here. I don't get what you mean by blown out front end....is there something inherently wrong with the 4" lift as is? I'm looking at all options, open to everything, including the 2.5" level with 1.5" BL. I've read a lot about doing a level and then also having to do UCA's and shocks. I've got the 1 ton HD so thought the CA thing wouldn't be an issue. I tow a large 35' travel trailer so regardless of what I do as far as a lift, I don't want it impacting tow capability or safety, especially for the family. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just curious where you see 4" lift in the pic? The tires are not 34.5" either. They are 33.9" and it appears to be just a leveling kit on the truck. 2.5" probably.
OP. If you want something that doesn't impact tow capability then leave it alone. If you want to compromise towing a little for the look then get a level kit. If you run a larger tire you will need a tune and/or gears to keep stock performance. Any modifications will cause things to wear out faster. In most cases the look is worth the little extra cost of repair. Some kits are better than other and there is plenty of info on this forum is you search.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Those tires are definitely 34.5, 295/60/20. Is says 4in lift in the pic
OP, a 4in leveling kit stretches front end components to very stressful angles.
Im sorry but those tires are not a 34.5, they are a 33.9

·
Registered
332 Posts
a 295/60/20 is a 34.5 in tire. argue it all you want, that is the truth.

The pic is a misrepresentation after further glance, Nitto doesn't make a terra grappler in 295/60/20.
Man you need to quit smoking the shit! 295/60r20 is 33.9inches. How do you claim it is the truth when using math and conversion you are wrong? A 305/60r20 would be 34.4 and a 285/65r20 would be 34.59. Besides, why would they advertise the lift to allow UP TO 34" TIRES and put a 34.5" on the truck?

OP, Please do not make any plans or purchases from the info in this thread. This guy is a troll. There are plenty of trucks and threads here for you to see exactly what you want and have size info within them. Good Luck!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ok so you are going to argue .06 of an inch...that is like 16th of an inch.....not every tire size (per manufacturer) equals what they say they do.....That is where tire selection and doing your homework comes into play before you buy. The same goes for wheels...make sure the offset works with the lift/level.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ok so you are going to argue .06 of an inch...that is like 16th of an inch.....not every tire size (per manufacturer) equals what they say they do.....That is where tire selection and doing your homework comes into play before you buy. The same goes for wheels...make sure the offset works with the lift/level.
Another person who needs their facts straight. Its not .06 it is .51 which is over half an inch. And yes it could mean the difference between trimming and not trimming. The problem is giving wrong information to someone who is needing help, or doing their homework as you say.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Another person who needs their facts straight. Its not .06 it is .51 which is over half an inch. And yes it could mean the difference between trimming and not trimming. The problem is giving wrong information to someone who is needing help, or doing their homework as you say.
34 minus 33.94 = .06

but according to your math 2+2=5

·
I abuse drugs.
3,327 Posts
you're a little late on this thread bro. Clearly there is a difference between tires. I gave an example of a 295/60/20 being 34.5, so I'm not wrong. Whether they differ between different tire types is beyond me. I'm not arguing people are wrong, I just know that a nitto trail grappler is 34.5 in 295/60/20, as stated on their website, and by personal measurement in person.

·
Registered
156 Posts
you're a little late on this thread bro. Clearly there is a difference between tires. I gave an example of a 295/60/20 being 34.5, so I'm not wrong. Whether they differ between different tire types is beyond me. I'm not arguing people are wrong, I just know that a nitto trail grappler is 34.5 in 295/60/20, as stated on their website, and by personal measurement in person.
My point is you said they don't make a 295/60/20. And they do. I said nothing about whether it's a 33.9 or 34.5

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
I abuse drugs.
3,327 Posts
relax, I was looking at the terra grappler 1 (earlier version) on nitto's website.

Apparently they have come out with version 2, which includes the 295/60/20.

Had I known that gristle of information, I wouldn't have said that. You can now sleep at night

1 - 20 of 21 Posts