GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between NBS and OBS... and please, please, please... enough speculation from some of you guys. Let the ones who know answer... every post I've seen starts with... "well, I am pretty sure that it has to the <whatever>
smell, window coloring, air in tires, and no sheet! someone said that this could be decided upon by the dealer! huh??!!!)

What is the difference?

Thanks!

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
well, I'm pretty sure its... :anitoof:

NBS = new body style. Refers to the 99+ fullsize GM trucks and 2000+ SUVs

OBS = old body style. Refers to the 88-98 fullsize GM trucks and SUVs

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Pretty much everything is different between them except the logo's on the front. If you are asking what the difference between OBS and NBS is when referred to on this site, then slash covered it above. NBS = New Body Style (99-up)

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Did they continue at all to make the OBS trucks in 99? I saw an OBS truck on a car lot today and it had 99 on the windshield, I figured it was a screwup but wondered if they might have continued to make a few OBS trucks (sorta like Ford has their Heritage F-150)

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
OBS could be orderd till 00 they are call 99 and 00 (classic) chevy and gmc did not know how that body style would do so you could have ordered the 99-00 classic with the old 350 ans 305 still in them

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
stoute said:
OBS could be orderd till 00 they are call 99 and 00 (classic) chevy and gmc did not know how that body style would do so you could have ordered the 99-00 classic with the old 350 ans 305 still in them
ok, nice .. didn't know that.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
stoute said:
OT, your chrome grille looks sick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts