GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of headlights to mess with and I took the reflectors out and on my truck it looks goofy without them, so I tried to darken one of the reflectors and was gonna put it back in and see how it looked, well I ended up messing one of the reflectors badly trying to experiment, but anyways anyone know where I can buy just reflectors? I'd like clear or just even the stock orange ones? I don't wanna buy another set of headlights just for reflectors if I can avoid it

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
I don't think anyone here has ever went from clear corners back to amber reflectors. just a silly idea.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I know what you're talking about and I wasn't able to just find the clear reflectors sold separately. I even contacted a couple of vendors to see if they'd make them for me, but didn't have any luck. Sorry, but it's near impossible unless you make your own clear reflectors. I ended up just covering my reflectors with 3M reflective tape used on trailers. Looks okay and has held up alright.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well yeah but i mean going from no reflector to some kind, mainly cause on my truck no reflector looked like total crap, and i thought maybe just darkening the ambers wouldnt look to bad(or atleast give it a shot), i want to find a set of clear and smoke them but there near impossible to find without buying a ebay set and right now i already paid 40 for a factory set and dont wanna pay that again just for reflectors, and how would i make my own? and would it fit correctly or rattle if i did cause it seems like a pretty hard shape to get to fit correctly

·
Registered
426 Posts
It's a process, casting, molding, resin, takes quite a bit. That's why nobody wanted to do it just for 1 pair. Best bet would be to hit C-list or junkyard and find a wrecked pickup with bad lights since you're only wanting that part. I scored an extra set of lights because they were in such bad shape. Took a lot of restoring and polishing to bring them back to life, but at least I didn't risk my original lights.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok and yeah thats what im gonna have to do i guess

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
Never seen a truck where clear stock headlights looked worse than amber reflectors.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have to stick them back on mine and post a pic, and get some opinions then, I've also got aftermarket turn signal lenses which are more black than reflector which is maybe why it looked off at first to me, also off chance I really don't like it for some reason how much would a good cleared factory set of headlights be worth? GMC headlights

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I paid $40 so I should be able to make some then if I decide not to use them

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I checked, and I don't have them. Must have tossed them.

Sorry

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thanks for looking though, I may just black them out and try that, the reflectors and stick them in that way and see how it looks, I've been doing other stuff and haven't had a chance and since I messed the one up it's probably the only way to ever use it again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts