GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That always seems to bite me in the butt! Ill be nice and drop them and a remote if they pay for it so it doesnt void our warranty. I'll lay it on the floor or tucked in zip tied up. Dammed if a week later their crappy install comes back and their amp isnt working right and its my fault!
My other installer did one a few weeks ago and he comes back friday night saying what we did was screwing up and his amp was cutting on and off. I take a look at it and he has about 6 ft of ground wire going from the amp on the backseat of a cavalier to the bolt that holds in a bracket on the pass side of the truck and its loose as hell! I told him thats probably his issue and to its his to fix not mine.
Well he calls back, schedules an appointment and I get to look at this gem again today. He ran the rcas down the side of the console, across the backseat, and into the amp, and no clue where he ran the remote, but the amp wont turn off. From the drivers seat I can see the blue 4ga power wire run into the door jam and tucked under the doorsill. I pop the hood and he has the GM battery terminal we sell with the 4ga run to the inner battery side and the stock gm wire on the bolt! He ran it under a support so I follow it with my hand , no fuse! The wires run under the hood support and he doesnt have a pop rod but from my vantage point I can see that the wires been rubbing and God knows where else it is! I tell the kid hes going to burn his car to the ground and he laughs it off!
I even plugged in my mp3 player to see if I could get sound, but couldn't. I told him his install is all screwed, he probably killed the Orion amp and that was as far as I was going to go unless he pays. I backed it out and warned him again about the power wire and the ground and he just wiggled past me jumped in laughed and took off! What an a**hat! I wish I could remember other times this has burnt me in the past, and yet its never our fault always theirs!

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Come on Scott, the customer is ALWAYS right! I normally don't be the nice guy and drop the RCA's out just because of the liability.

·
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I think Im changing our policy on this effective now!

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Good idea! I've tried to help people out in the past just as you have, and a few of those times have come back on me. From now on, they might as well pay for the whole job to be done. I don't support someone wanting to install their own equipment.

·
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best Buy

·
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dunno if I could deal with that all day long man. "I ran all the wires, I just need you to hook it up!"

:suicide:
thats when I say "well thats all you have to do"

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
This reminds me:

I got that Edge Juice w/Attitude controller. In the instructions it tells you to run the data cable from the controller through the doorjamb and through the side of the fender. Idiots!!

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
hahahha. I love people that don't know what they are doing. The worst thing I've ever seen was one set of rcas with 4 sets of 2 to 1 splitters running a 4 channel and a 2 channel. He was wondering why he had engine noise...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts