GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at my truck and at a Denali. It looks like the pieces are the same around the gauges, just mine is black and the denali is like a silver color. Can I get to this piece to take it out and paint it and is there somewhere that has the correct silver paint?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I just pulled my cluster out to swap some gauges. That piece you are wanting to paint is attached to the clear plastic face. I didnt look into pulling the two apart because I didnt need to, however it looked like it might be a little involved. Didnt look like it would want to just come apart..

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that sucks, well guess i'll have to save for the esky guages

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that you want your current cluster (black lens/bezel) to have a Denali (silver colored) lens/bezel?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
its actually pretty easy getting it apart...

take a small pick, or a very small edge'd flat blade screw driver, and find a nice concealable spot on the plastic, and just put light pressure on it and work it in between the black plastic and the clear lens.

I cracked mine with a pick, its not noticeable, it is still cracked. Maybe you could use a heat gun or hair dryer and get it halfway warm...after you get a small section loose, it'll just give out and the clear plastic will come off.

Not sure on how you'd reglue it on, maybe some CA glue?

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts