GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washed the truck today. Too lazy to wax but it really needs it. Can I pick up on it tomorrow if I give it a wipe down and put it in the garage? :think:

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I would personally say no. People will have differing opinions I'm sure, but even after 24 hours airborne particles make their way onto your paint and when you wax your truck you're just going to be swirling them around. Pretty easy way to put swirls into your paint if they aren't already there.

However, if it's absolutely necessary, you could hit it with a waterless wash(aka quick detail spray) then wax it for a better alternative.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I would personally say no. People will have differing opinions I'm sure, but even after 24 hours airborne particles make their way onto your paint and when you wax your truck you're just going to be swirling them around. Pretty easy way to put swirls into your paint if they aren't already there.

However, if it's absolutely necessary, you could hit it with a waterless wash(aka quick detail spray) then wax it for a better alternative.
:word: i would hit it with some QD first then wax
:word: and :word: Dont drag dust across your paint becuase you're too lazy to hit it with a little quick detailer spray.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eh, it's not that I'm lazy. I just didn't know. But now I do, appreciate it guys :shake:

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
I always wax my truck the same day I wash it, and the more you do it..the easier it gets.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Washed the truck today. Too lazy to wax but it really needs it. Can I pick up on it tomorrow if I give it a wipe down and put it in the garage? :think:
Yes.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104867

but as was mentioned make sure the paint is dust/contaminant free before jumping back into it by doing a QD spray and MF wipe down. I've had details go up to 3 days before... as long as its garaged, you're not gonna drive it anywhere, and you are careful to remove any dust that settles between sessions you're fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts