GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's all involved in doing this process? also if you have any pics of them post them up. is it possible to leave the reverse light clear too?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Its not that hard. I have an extra set of tails that i wouldnt' mind getting rid of. I would go ahead and candy them for you if i wasn't leaving to go back to school for 2-3 weeks :doh2:

I used testors candy red on mine and then automotive clear and they came out pretty cool. I did them all red though, haven't tried leaving the reverse yet.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i personally would take it to a body shop... The one's people use spray cans on seem to come out very dull looking. When my paint guy does it, they come out very, very glossy. Merzees did a tech article for trucking about a year ago. He charges like 100 bucks for a set of candied tails(including the tails).

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
Werd on the automotive grade stuff. Sometimes the spray paint stuff can look dull. At least get the automotive grade clear on there.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
El Padrote said:
Werd on the automotive grade stuff. Sometimes the spray paint stuff can look dull. At least get the automotive grade clear on there.
someone did that... it peels like an orange. :nono:

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
What peels like an orange? The clear? Or the spraycan stuff? Cuz the one's I've seen done with automotive grade clear haven't peeled. After how long do they peel?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
the testor's stuff did... the clear kindof just came with it. It was pretty much instant.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
I wonder how the other people on here have done it like that and haven't had any problems. I haven't read about any peeling. Mabye they skipped an important step like sanding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts