GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, Im on my 2nd srt of candy tails soon to be automotive cleared :drool: . I have about 5-6 cans of paint on em right now. I've been wetsanding to get em nice and smooth. After I wash em, and they dry I can see hmmmm looks like dots my friend said from wetsanding. When I have water on them they look nice, deep red and smooth. Should I lay down a coat, or can I clear over the wetsanded tail lights? Thanx!

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I wetsanded mine to smooth them out. I used 600 wet and then cleared over them. They'll look all scratched up and stuff when dry, but how they look wet is how they will look cleared. Once i cleared they looked sweet :) I'm about to do my second set as well.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, so u wet-sanded yours and then cleared over the wetsanded tail? I was just worried thats how they would turn out when cleared :crazy: I wetsanded with 600 then 1500. I still have a set of tahoe tails to do also :insane: :worship: I cant tape a str8 line for the reverse lights tho :bawl:

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks :insane: :shake: my first set wrinkled when I put rattle can clear on, so this time Automotive :worship:

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Candy_tail.gif
theres a pic, how can I keep the pic big using photobucket? N/M!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts