GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i'm about to start on my candyin my tail lights.....i was just needed some ideas on like what gritt of sand paper to use...then when i get those done i am gonna smoke my euros......suggestions needed.....

Brett

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
brutus said:
hey guys i'm about to start on my candyin my tail lights.....i was just needed some ideas on like what gritt of sand paper to use...then when i get those done i am gonna smoke my euros......suggestions needed.....

Brett
I'd smoke the stockers and candy the euros .. but that's me.

Since they are already smooth, you don't need any rough paper .. 400 and 600 should be fine.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
:word: 400 and 600 grit will do the trick. The first time i did my tails i had to start off with 60 grit...but if u know how the reverse lense on 73-87 tails is, you would understand. If you have any really rough spots, hit them 200 grit or so, but 400 and 600 should do the trick. I also agree with bcubed, tint the stockers too, and candy the euros...tint them some too if u want them to be a bit fancy...lol

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
I used 220 to sand the dot #'s and crap off, and after I sprayed used 600 Wet :D

·
5,501 Posts
Slammedchevy01 said:
I used 220 to sand the dot #'s and crap off, and after I sprayed used 600 Wet :D
Yeah, might as well get the DOT and stuff off of there...I forgot they were on there...the only thing i really remember sanding was the reverse lense on mine...lol

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
... take pictures as you go and write a tech article about it.

i dont think ne1 has done that yet.

good luck.

definately tint the euros, itll look a whole heck of a lot better.

·
5,501 Posts
If he doesn't, I prob will. I have to take pics of everything i do for my senior project, and that will be one thing for it, so pics will get taken...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Is there some kind of tech article to candy some tail lights I really would like to candy my 99-02 tailights from my Sierra to take out the amber.

·
5,501 Posts
I should be gettin a used set of lights this week or early next, and when i redo mine, ill post more pics. Its all about the same for the NBS lights, OBS lights or even pre 88 lights. won't make any guarentees, but ill try to get soem pics up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts