GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok got a 91 k1500 chevy 4x4 with a 350 and auto tranny. Intake gaskets went out rebuild the top end and put it all back together. Go to start and it just spins.

Dizzy was marked for TDC cyl 1 compression stroke button on cyl 1. Brand new 850CCA battery. New wire. I get fuel and spark would could keep it from starting.

on intake while off I cleaned it like new EGR ports where completly cloged and solid. I cleaned them out. Would a bad EGR cause it not to be able to start if it was bad and uncloging the ports caused bad vacuum? Every so often I might get a cough from it but nothing to keep it running. Bad fuse somewhere? Im stumped.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the late reply. Thank you. Im going to block off the EGR then and block the vacuum line and see what I get. Im in the middle of moving so I dont have much acess to the net right now. Ive also noticed it hardly wants to spin over it kills the battery quick but if I pull the plugs it spins over all day long no problem. I havnt touched the heads so compression hasnt changed and the starter is good.

Any ideas on this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts