GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Silverado
For some reason I cannot get the inside of my windshield clean and streak-free. Even talked to the service manager ar dealership about it. He ruled out that it may be the heater core.
I used to detail cars and I know how to clean glass, but this one is a real bitch to get clean.
After a couple days it looks foggy and smeared again.
I even tried rubbing alcohol!

Have you seen this?
Suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem. It only happens in warm weather when I run my AC. Bad film. I use windex and newspaper to rub it out. pain in the backside.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the replies. I have been using Windex and newspaper for as long as I can remember but it just won't cut this film. No matter what, it's still there and streaks like crazy. I will try the carpro eraser.......... Google turned up some ideas too, a mix of windex, alcohol, and vinegar. Will give it a try.

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,692 Posts
Back in the early 70's my first job was working at the largest automated car wash in the southeast working the interior bays. Back then almost everyone was a smoker (me never)... ash trays spilling over with nasty butts. The windows on some of these cars were coated brown from tar & nicotine. The ammonia based window cleaners would not do nothing but smear and make a mess. The only thing that would cut and clean was varsol, then we'd chase it with the ammonia window cleaner making the glass sparkling clean.

My truck never rolls with dirty glass. Today I use a waffle weave microfiber with Stoners Invisible Glass with great results.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wasn't alive for most of the 70's, but I've been using Invisible Glass for 13ish years. It's the best glass cleaner I've used. It's important (as with most things) to follow the instructions. Works better on cooler glass than hot, better in the shade. Count on buffing after cleaning, I like using a separate towel for the buff. May require multiple cleans and buffs to get a heavy film off. I've gotten unscratched glass to "disappear."

Personally I never understood the newspaper thing - every time I tried that the result was newspaper ink smeared on my windshield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts