GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in my sound system this weekend and noticed a few minor issues id like to fix.

1) On my distribution block there are 4 lights, the same one keeps going out then coming back on, when it goes out the block starts to make this irritating ring and then when the light comes back on it stops. Could this be a bad fuse or maybe the fuse holder is loose?

2) When i turn the headunit on i hear a loud pop right when i turn it on. Bad ground? I dont know how this could be, im grounded to a very solid bolt in the floor of the cab.

3) When i have the system off i get noise coming through the door speakers and kick panel speakers. ITs parallel to rpms, as rpms go up the whisting sound goes up, as rpms go down the whistle goes down. Any ideas.

THanks in advance.,

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
#2 - Most decks or amps have a delay so you won't hear the pop or thump when you turn them on IIRC. I think it has something to do with the remote turn on. Apparently your deck or amp doesn't have this.

#3 - You get RFI out of the speakers with all of it off? That is very strange, if it were when the system is powered on, then it would be moving the ground or RCA cables. No help on that one...

·
Da Experimentor
351 Posts
the noise you are hearing is probably a road noise due to the fact that you mention it goes up and down with RPM. i would triple check your ground, also, did you run your rca's right next to your power wire? your rca's and power wire should be kept as far apart as possible. i just did my system as well and i ran my power and remote on one side and my rca's on the other.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
I answered your pm about this.

1. That distribution block has an adjustment that needs to be calibrated to make it not beep while it's sitting there. There should be a manual with it that explains this.

2&3. Sounds like you don't have the correct remote turn-on wire from the head unit. Blue/white on Alpine goes to the remote terminals on the amp.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I really wouldnt use a factory bolt as a ground for a system. They usually have lots of paint and even the threads have paint and thread lock on them

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I answered your pm about this.

1. That distribution block has an adjustment that needs to be calibrated to make it not beep while it's sitting there. There should be a manual with it that explains this.

2&3. Sounds like you don't have the correct remote turn-on wire from the head unit. Blue/white on Alpine goes to the remote terminals on the amp.
Thanks bro, me and John are going to try to trouble shoot the issues this week. For now the systems not getting turned off anyway and i cant hear the ringing if the bass knob is up. :endofshow

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
The head unit should be shutting the amps off, so if it's not, then you have the wrong remote wire. That'll run the battery down if it sit's too long. I'd go ahead and pull the fuses for the amps for now.

·
why jonny ringo...
629 Posts
Oooh, I had #3 once, on just a pass side tweeter in a car, radio off, engine whine. anyhow, the neg of the tweeter was unisulated from the factory, and touching ground ever so slightly, that one took a while to figure out. Technically, one of your wire connections at the amp could have one strand touching the chassis of the amp and possibly cause some noise that way. Def didn't make sense when it happened to me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts