GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a couple threads going trying to figure this out.........thanks to those who have been helping me .........if incorrect pinion angle is causing vibration.......... and i can tune the 4link to correct the pinion angle......would it help or be better to install a carrier kit anyway?.....it is an ec and with the long two piece drive shaft.........i want it to be the best possible set up.......thanks

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
bigb said:
i've got a couple threads going trying to figure this out.........thanks to those who have been helping me .........if incorrect pinion angle is causing vibration.......... and i can tune the 4link to correct the pinion angle......would it help or be better to install a carrier kit anyway?.....it is an ec and with the long two piece drive shaft.........i want it to be the best possible set up.......thanks
No matter how much you adjust at the rear of the driveshaft, I think you are still gonna need the carrier bearing .. I've known I needed one, just never gotten around to it yet since my back is a static drop right now.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bcubed said:
No matter how much you adjust at the rear of the driveshaft, I think you are still gonna need the carrier bearing .. I've known I needed one, just never gotten around to it yet since my back is a static drop right now.
so you think no matter if i get the pinion angle dialed in with the 4link i will still MAYBE have a vibration and will therefore benifit from a bearing kit?..........or are you saying putting in a kit is the best way period for our ec trucks?......thanks

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
bigb said:
so you think no matter if i get the pinion angle dialed in with the 4link i will still MAYBE have a vibration and will therefore benifit from a bearing kit?..........or are you saying putting in a kit is the best way period for our ec trucks?......thanks
I just mean that with lowering the front suspension and the back, but the middle of the drive shaft being fixed to the frame .. it just creates a bad driveline angle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts