GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To everybody that has asked me to do them a cartoon I am very sorry it has took me so long to do these. I have got so many to do I can't even count em! I will get em done eventually but with school and homework and shit it has took me longer than I thought. Also since each one takes anywhere from 4 to 8 hours to do. So please bear with me and I'll get em done one day.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Four to Eight hours :eek: Thats alot of work, they sure look awesome when you are done with them though!

·
Registered
308 Posts
hey carbondogg, how do you do those cartoon sigs? do you use an original pic of the truck or do you hand draw most of it? just throw in a few details if ya don't mind....i was majoring in graphic design back home before i came to NC for automotive mechanics....so i know my way around photoshop and stuff pretty well

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah never for money. I've always played around in PS so I'm a self taught Photochopper. As far as how I do it it's really very simple. I couldn't really tell the whole thing right here but pretty soon I'm going to write an article about it.
Here's the simple version: Use the org. pic cut it out including wheels and fenders then distort it a little to your liking. Not much distorting is required to do this. Then find some high rez pics of your rims or ones you like and put those under the main truck layer sizing them to look right. Then create another layer over the top and trace the whole truck using the line tool and whatever tool you'd like. Put a paint layer under the tracing layer and paint it. Once all this is done you only have to creat light and shadow details. That's pretty much it.
Stay tuned for the article on this and I will go in more detail. This pretty much sums it up besides on making the org cut of the cartoon truck. http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials/cartooning.htm

Hey Y2KSierra: I think we need to hold a PhotoChop contest. Real trucks though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whats up, new member to this forum.... I used to have a sig I created using Adobe Illustrator it kinda looks like yours and took me at least 3 hours to make, I had one person ask me to make them one and had to say no though....

Heres what mine looked like
sigsmall.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts