GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i buy one somewhere? i want to keep my stock exhaust in contact. im thinkin of just brewin something together myself until i buy a system

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hmm ok, thats what i figured.....im thinkin for now just a magnaflow and a dump

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Dynomax actually makes entire pipes for the NBS trucks....... If thats what you own.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dynomax actually makes entire pipes for the NBS trucks....... If thats what you own.
yeah i have a 99 rcsb...ill have to check out there site, thanks

xlcooplx said:
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

i bought that one about two months ago. i think i only paid about $20 for it though. never ended up using it. if you want to use it with your stock exhaust, it'll need a flange welded to the front of the pipe.
ah cool...so thats the same pipe under there or close to it, minus the flange?

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
edit:
i think this is the one i need....damn 85 bucks?

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Yeah that should be the one you need. I thought $85 was a little steep as well. Magnaflow is listed on Summit's site as having a stainless version as well but there is no pic of it. Its hard to beat the Summit one for $20, but I can't find somewhere that carries the flange.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea im figurin on doin this all myself and i dont have a welder so the 85 dollar one might be worth it since it fits in stock location w the flange and hanger already on it

·
Registered
840 Posts
You can buy individual parts from Flowmaster. Look at the PDFs of their systems and pick the part you need. I just bought the intermediate pipe from the y-pipe to the muffler for $56. I had it in about a week. Madrel bent and fits much nicer than something from a shop.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can buy individual parts from Flowmaster. Look at the PDFs of their systems and pick the part you need. I just bought the intermediate pipe from the y-pipe to the muffler for $56. I had it in about a week. Madrel bent and fits much nicer than something from a shop.
alright i think i found a system with the intermediate pipe in it, model 17360 for a rcsb

that seems to look pretty close to the stock one right? ill have to call em up and see how much it is compared to the dynomax

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
All the bits from the big muffler brands will be nice.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok bringing this back up again....well i thought i was going to order up my exhaust today from my "performace shop" here in town butttt like usual i ran into problems....i was going to have them order me up a peice from a flowmaster catback but the store guy called, i guess flowmaster and talked to someone and told me that i can not get a specific peice from the kit UNLESS i have a receipt that i bought the system and i need to replace the part....soo where did u get ur flowmaster peices from? flowmaster themselves?

:flame:

oh yeah and looking at the dynomax ones again on summit again....the ecsb and rclb pipes are 3" but the rcsb is 2.5"
how big is my pipe now?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I have 2 old flowmaster systems, both dumped. One is intermediate pipe to single in/dual out muffler. Still has the flange and everything all you would have to do is bolt it up and either have it hung or get some hangers. The other was cut off right at the Y and would need to be welded. I could let either go for super cheap but the shipping might rape

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if i strike out with finding a pipe (which is all i really need cuz i will be running a magnaflow) ill be letting u know for sure. thanks

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
goin to midas tomorrow...there gonna look under my truck and see what they can do and get me a price....anything i should tell them? what size pipe would be best, 3"?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts