GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides an O2 sensor...My local mechanic that has always been good to me called me this morning and tells me i have a lean miss and there going to start with my O2 sensor for $216!!!and me being the smart half asleep one told them to go ahead and replace it remembering as soon as a got off the phone that i had just replaced the sensor less then 2 weeks ago...so its probably my fault but dont you think they would atleast test it or notice that it was new?....sorry for the rant

On to my question...

What could cause a lean miss besides an O2 sensor?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
234 Posts
Besides an O2 sensor...My local mechanic that has always been good to me called me this morning and tells me i have a lean miss and there going to start with my O2 sensor for $216!!!and me being the smart half asleep one told them to go ahead and replace it remembering as soon as a got off the phone that i had just replaced the sensor less then 2 weeks ago...so its probably my fault but dont you think they would atleast test it or notice that it was new?....sorry for the rant

On to my question...

What could cause a lean miss besides an O2 sensor?

thanks in advance
bad injector(s) or vac leak my first quess.

good luck.....:caffeine:

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking bad injectors but ive checked them several times and they look to be spraying in a cone shape...ive also though vac leak but cant seem to find one of those either as i have been looking aorund for one for awhile now...but ill keep looking....thanks

any other ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts