GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. Im gonna get 2" shackles to level out my 06 CC. Just wondering if that will effect the camber at all? or if i should get an alignment after doing this? And is it that easy just take out the old ones and install the new shackles?

Thanks!

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
hey guys. Im gonna get 2" shackles to level out my 06 CC. Just wondering if that will effect the camber at all? or if i should get an alignment after doing this? And is it that easy just take out the old ones and install the new shackles?

Thanks!
Umm...... A 2" drop shackle in the back to level it out? That wont affect your FRONT end alignment at all.
Just to be clear, we are talking shackles now spindles right?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
lol wtf yea no camber in the rear and since your not messing with the front suspension you wont have have anything to worry about and it should level you out. And yes the install is very simple for most.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
There will be no effect on the camber on the rear, because it is a solid axle.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
:roflsquared:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
This is almost as good as "what happens when I take out the stock 2" block that is under the leaf spring?" thread.

·
draggin the dimes
761 Posts
hey man if u need a set of shackles let me know, i have a set that i leveled the rear of my 06 cc with, and then i took em out when i did a 4/6 drop.

pm me if u want them

·
230+no stall
30 Posts
just take the blocks out of the back, i think there 2" tall and cheaper/easier to do

·
Registered
49 Posts
Easy install 20 minutes on each side with the right tools.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts