GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey cen cal brothas, recommend any places to go have some handles and my new tow mirrors painted at? Probably going to have the top valance and maybe my grille done too. Recommendations and your prices would be great. Thanks a lot

Josh

·
The ***
351 Posts
u at cal poly? i'd go to san luis customs or like the dent shop and kinda ask around if u dont like those places. I always just drove back home to bakerfield and went to kal koncepts but thats just me.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya we have a local shop but they want to see it first. I might just have my local shop do my esky handles and maybe my bumper cap and check out the place. I never heard of san luis customs before.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I usally charge 400.00 to do front valance, rear bumper cover, all handles, tow mirrors, and tailgate handle. Thats including sanding plastics smooth, primer, wet sand , then base and clear them.

I have done a couple truck in san luis area. Im near Fresno though...
Couple Pictures of my work

100_2586.jpg

100_2588.jpg

100_2589.jpg

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
sand them yourself, i got my whole front bump repainted red and some interior plastics for 250

but theyre were smoothed out already.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
They will charge around 700$ just for the dash.

Here's some of the stuff i have smoothed and painted. It was a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I usally charge 400.00 to do front valance, rear bumper cover, all handles, tow mirrors, and tailgate handle. Thats including sanding plastics smooth, primer, wet sand , then base and clear them.

Thats definitely not pricey..if my paint guy falls down and ends up not doing my stuff, you think you could get my handles flairs and front bumper cap and maybe mirrors done? I'll be down in SLO for school this fall and I know you do good work

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
that colormatched center console is convincing me.

i think ima have to paint mine like that. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
That sounds pretty reasonable to me. I need to have my grill shell, valance, mirrors and rear bumper done. Think you can shoot me a pm with a quote?

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
:think: that's pricey
Thats a really good price :imo. shops around here want 225 for a bumper cap, 225 for mirrors not taken apart, 75 for tailgate handle and bezel. I smoothed and painted all the plastics on the exterior and have done a few pieces in the interior, its a lot of work to get the plastics smoothed out.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

100_2586.jpg

100_2588.jpg

100_2589.jpg
Im going to have my shop give me some prices tomorrow. If I dont like them I will take them directly to you. Ill PM ya for contact information.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thats definitely not pricey..if my paint guy falls down and ends up not doing my stuff, you think you could get my handles flairs and front bumper cap and maybe mirrors done? I'll be down in SLO for school this fall and I know you do good work
you go to poly also?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts