GMC Truck Forum banner
26,201 - 26,220 of 26,473 Posts
I couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money to not drive it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Buddy local to me has a 05 6.0 ford he bought new and bagged and made it into a dually. Only has like 5k miles on it and he drives it maybe once a year. Just sits in the corner of his shop with a cover on it. But I couldn’t let it sit that much. Just only drive it on nice days

Buddy local to me has a 05 6.0 ford he bought new and bagged and made it into a dually. Only has like 5k miles on it and he drives it maybe once a year. Just sits in the corner of his shop with a cover on it. But I couldn’t let it sit that much. Just only drive it on nice days
Fuck that. Since I'm keeping the gauges from the lb7 in the 67 I'm going to try for half a million miles on the odometer [emoji23]

Fuck that. Since I'm keeping the gauges from the lb7 in the 67 I'm going to try for half a million miles on the odometer [emoji23]

Shit I was trying to keep the burb till 300k but engine 2 had other plans [emoji854]

Would be neat to buy something new and put 500k miles on it. Or really dumb

Tbh if I owned a truck that nice it would probably sit in the garage and move once a month. Kinda like my atc70 does
Just keep looking at pictures of them and spend the money on something you'll use/enjoy/not worry about then. Never understood the garage queen concept, I have a friend that did a frame off rebuild/pro street/65 Chevelle and all it's good for is telling people he owns it. Doesn't drive it at all and rarely peeks under the cover to make sure its still there. He's one of those "we did this/we added that/we like these" when talking about it which is code for 'I didn't do shit, I paid someone to do it, I just wrote the checks'. Could invest that money and buy 2 of them by the time he decides to sell it.

Just keep looking at pictures of them and spend the money on something you'll use/enjoy/not worry about then. Never understood the garage queen concept, I have a friend that did a frame off rebuild/pro street/65 Chevelle and all it's good for is telling people he owns it. Doesn't drive it at all and rarely peeks under the cover to make sure its still there. He's one of those "we did this/we added that/we like these" when talking about it which is code for 'I didn't do shit, I paid someone to do it, I just wrote the checks'. Could invest that money and buy 2 of them by the time he decides to sell it.
I dont understand this at all. One of dad's friends has a quonset full of restored GTOs, trams ams, impala's, c10s and what not all from the 60s/70s that just get taken to shows from time to time. But at least he makes money off of them from time to time when he does sell them. He has 5 or so cars tho that will never leave his collection. One is a perfectly restored 67 tri power gto convertible. He went so far as to redo all of the paint pen markings on the chassis that were put on the cat at each stage of the assembly line.

I dont understand this at all. One of dad's friends has a quonset full of restored GTOs, trams ams, impala's, c10s and what not all from the 60s/70s that just get taken to shows from time to time. But at least he makes money off of them from time to time when he does sell them. He has 5 or so cars tho that will never leave his collection. One is a perfectly restored 67 tri power gto convertible. He went so far as to redo all of the paint pen markings on the chassis that were put on the cat at each stage of the assembly line.
To each their own. I'd rather spend money on things I use or traveling. Have no desire to reflect on all the crap I hoarded at one point lol. People would probably think I'm dumb for that, I have spent enough on trips in the past 10 years to build a handful of these trucks. But I've been to some really cool places and have memories/pics/experiences I wouldn't trade for a pile of chrome and rubber :) I do like looking at them though and I'm glad someone likes building them.

To each their own. I'd rather spend money on things I use or traveling. Have no desire to reflect on all the crap I hoarded at one point lol. People would probably think I'm dumb for that, I have spent enough on trips in the past 10 years to build a handful of these trucks. But I've been to some really cool places and have memories/pics/experiences I wouldn't trade for a pile of chrome and rubber :) I do like looking at them though and I'm glad someone likes building them.
I'm attempting to do both with the 67, that's what the camper is for [emoji23]

I'm attempting to do both with the 67, that's what the camper is for [emoji23]

Good luck driving that bitch to Amsterdam. But yeah I'm stoked you will be using it, can't wait to see that play out. I cringe every time you post about spending your money on something else until this one is done.

Good luck driving that bitch to Amsterdam. But yeah I'm stoked you will be using it, can't wait to see that play out. I cringe every time you post about spending your money on something else until this one is done.
I'll ship it overseas, do my exploring, and sell it in Dubai. It would probably bring big money over there.

Google says $3 to $7K shipping. Plane ticket $1200. He's got more than that tied up in bondo.
Eh he didn’t needed to get all sorts of fancy with it. A stock 350 would have been sufficient for that desert of a place. Maybe tie a few camels to the front

Reactions: Phildirt
26,201 - 26,220 of 26,473 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.