GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a full center console for my 06 Gmc and I was wondering how did you guys connect the underdash AC to the center console duct? Pics would be a plus.

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,394 Posts
my buddy just cut a hole in the ducting under the dash and put 2" PVC in it.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea...I was thinking some dryer hose....or go to GM and see if they have the part and for how much.

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,394 Posts
i have the piece, but you have to buy the whole lower ducting and everything. it's NOT worth it. lol

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should have known that you couldn't just buy a piece from GM but have to buy the entire duct system. I'm surprise they didn't make you buy a new compressor....lol. I may try to make something up to get it to work then.

·
Friendly Funeral Director
529 Posts
bump on part number

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
The console i bought had all of the duct work with it and there is a small plastic plate you remove on the duct work existing in the truck to allow the air to flow to that duct work as it just presses into it.

·
Mark
144 Posts
There is a guy on ebay from PA that will sell you the bracket, glove box, dash mounting bracket, and ac duct adapter, or any combination of the parts. His seller name is oemseats.

·
Mark
144 Posts
I have the adapter if you want it. It was for my last truck, but I just got rid if the truck. 10 dollars plus shipping its yours.

You attach it to the console duct and see where it lines up either the duct under the dash, cut hole and screw it in.

I'll get you a pic tonight when I get home.

Sent from the future via a wifi time portal.

·
( o) ( o)
2,460 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The console i bought had all of the duct work with it and there is a small plastic plate you remove on the duct work existing in the truck to allow the air to flow to that duct work as it just presses into it.
This is relevant to my interest. I just snagged a 99-02 center console today for my 2000 Silverado to replace the folding jumpseat. The console has all of it's duct work and I grabbed the "L" shaped piece that connects under the dash but haven't been able to climb under there to see if there's a piece that I just pop out and stick this in or if I have to mark it out and cut an opening.
So your saying that on your existing ductwork there was just a piece that basically blocked that spot off?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts