GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. so i'm driving down the road, and i go to open my center console to grab a CD. The lid FLIES OPEN and lands in the back seat. It broke the 2 black hinges that were on each side of the springs.. :flame: :flame:

Anyone know how i can fix this? Or am i just going to have to go look for a new console lid?!? (it's for an 05 Sierra CC)

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
This happened to my mom's Tahoe a few years back. She opened it, and it flew off. I didn't get a chance to look at it closely, but she took it to the dealer and according to them, you have to replace the whole center console. I don't think you can just order the lid portion.

Knowing them, they could have been lying though. The console was pretty expensive.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nope they are correct you have to order the whole thing and you can't just glue it either. I tried glueing it with expoy and a number of other things nothing worked cause of the pressuse of the spings on it.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
I wouldnt say mine flew off, I was pissed one day and flung it open and the thing flew into the backseat :lol:
But yea I couldnt see any way of fixing it I do use it still as a lid though.

·
OG
1,498 Posts
I just finished painting my center console lid and it had part numbers on all the pieces :think:

I'll have to try typing some of those in on GM Parts Direct and see what it says.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i took it apart earlier this afternoon. I have the top portion of it here inside the house. I'm going to try to glue it..somehow... =-/

If that doesn't work.. i'll just remove the springs and use it as a lid. Reason why i can't just go buy a new console is b/c it's custom leathered.. :banghead:

Although i did find one this morning on ebay for $300... =-/

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
All of my console pieces have part numbers, and mine is an 2003 up. You should be able to order the lid and hinge, might have to get the bucket along with it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well... as it stands right now.. i tried epoxy. It holds! Except without the springs... =-/

I'll look into finding part numbers. Thanks guys. :)

·
OG
6,939 Posts
The dealer replaced mine under warranty.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wellllll...... wouldn't you know it... my odometer says 30,352

352 miles out of warranty... :banghead:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Take it to them anyway and bitch. :lol:

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Following are 03 part numbers:

"Compartment", w/o Rear Audio Control"
88986886 List price $569.47

"Cover, Console, w/o Rear Audio Control"
88986666 List pprice $46.18

PDF from which I pulled these: (look at the pics to *try* and figure out what they mean. actual prices are roughly half of the above at various parts sites)
http://www.catastrophicerror.com/~endo/z71/99-03Silveradopartslist.pdf

1 - 18 of 18 Posts