GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Denali Pride
4 Posts
It IS true because it did not hold up......

For all the work the CC involved every spot and stain should wipe off, not need to be polished out. Adams CC is supposedly "harder" than CQuartz which is why I went with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I meant not true as in you can't group all CC into on group. It's just like everything else there are different qualities. Evudentallt Adams is subpar which is a same since their other products are great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I meant not true as in you can't group all CC into on group. It's just like everything else there are different qualities. Evudentallt Adams is subpar which is a same since their other products are great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Gotcha

·
Registered
732 Posts
Jersey fist bump for @AdamsPolishes

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
Did you call Adams? Whenever I have a problem I call Dan he's always helped me, I guess once they get established and plenty of business they don't give a shit, very disappointing I had thought about CC my TBSS but after reading your problem I'll pass , I've always had great success with Adams but they may have cut quality being they have plenty of business now, keep us updated with the results, next time I need new supplys I may try something besides Adams after reading this they should @ least give a explanation

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Did you call Adams? Whenever I have a problem I call Dan he's always helped me, I guess once they get established and plenty of business they don't give a shit, very disappointing I had thought about CC my TBSS but after reading your problem I'll pass , I've always had great success with Adams but they may have cut quality being they have plenty of business now, keep us updated with the results, next time I need new supplys I may try something besides Adams after reading this they should @ least give a explanation

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I called and they didn't seem shocked about this which is disappointing, however I wanted them to post here since the pictures tell the tale more than words can.

·
Registered
732 Posts
They were quick to post a new product up today so I made sure to post a link to this thread for you buddy

·
Registered
725 Posts
Do you think it's calcium that's causing the spots on your wheels? I've about got problems nailed down to being calcium sitting on top of or in the coatings I've applied. The car wash recycles water in my town and I'm thinking there is calcium added to their treatment process that leaves spots when it's not dried off quickly.

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Do you think it's calcium that's causing the spots on your wheels? I've about got problems nailed down to being calcium sitting on top of or in the coatings I've applied. The car wash recycles water in my town and I'm thinking there is calcium added to their treatment process that leaves spots when it's not dried off quickly.

Possibly but the brake dust leaves stains as well

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Talked with Adams today and I can say they 100% did right by me IMO. Although I can't recommend the coating I am happy with how Adams ultimately handled it in the end.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Ok that works for me. Glad you finally got a response

·
Vendor
892 Posts
Hi James, I'm terribly sorry I missed this thread! As mentioned in our Live Chat conversation today, we're a very small company that is running very thin especially during these prime spring detailing months. I know it's no excuse, but I'm in charge of handling posting to 15 forums for our company including this forum, as well as customer service phone, email, and live chat support, product testing and development with Adam, bottle labels, website descriptions, event support like the Barrett-Jackson auction in West Palm Beach Florida that I was supporting from April 5-9th...the list goes on!

I missed this thread and did post a sale thread after this thread was started, as a quick copy-paste from another forum, and that is not acceptable for my standards or anyone else at Adam's Polishes.

As we discussed and agreed on the phone, it's almost impossible to keep polished billet aluminum wheels 'perfect,' which is a subjective term when it comes to polished wheels. I am sorry that the Ceramic Wheel Coating was still causing water spots to show up and proved to be more difficult to remove than a normal metal polishing of the wheels. Ceramic Coatings are chemically resistant to cleaners like Car Shampoo, Wheel Cleaner, Waterless Wash, etc; however a micro-abrasive such as our Correcting Polish, Heavy Correcting Compound, and Metal Polish #1 or #2 could over time weaken the ceramic barrier than bonds to the surface of the wheel. We recommended the clay bar initially since it's a light grade clay that would not be very abrasive at all to a smooth and clean surface when using Detail Spray as a lubricant to glide the clay. Brilliant Glaze has a very slight solvent in it that I also thought could possibly remove the water spots without affecting the coating underneath, but it seems that was not aggressive enough to remove the spots.

I'm glad to hear that Metal Polish #1 with the microfiber block did work to remove the spots. If the applicator block was turning black at all as you were polishing, then you most likely went through the coating back into the bare aluminum. Did this occur? If not, there should still be a good portion of the coating remaining to offer some protection. Water spots can and still will occur though on the coating unfortunately if water is left to sit on the wheel and dry. This can happen faster on wheels compared to paint, since brakes generate more heat which can transfer through to the billet and make the wheel surface quite hot. If you are going to leave them coated, I would recommend maintaining the coating with our Ceramic Boost about once every 2-3 months. It's an SiO2 silica-based spray that would behave similarly to Reload. Spray it lightly into a plush microfiber towel and wipe it onto the already clean wheel, then flip the towel over and wipe again for a streak-free finish.

Again I do apologize for the frustrations with our ceramic wheel coating. I issued a full refund of the purchase price of the Wheel Coating Kit, and I will generate an electronic gift card code for you to use on any future orders to make up for having to buy some competitor products to troubleshoot the problem.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions. I will do my best to promptly respond to messages on here. Most days I'm typically working 12-14 hours on various aspects for the business.

Very Respectfully,
[email protected]

21 - 40 of 52 Posts