GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Red Headed Step Child
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys get the 3 year replacement warranty when you buy tires?? I've never been a warrany person. Just curious.

I don't rock climb, offroad or anything like that so it's just street use

·
Full-time FSC'er
186 Posts
I bought the 2 year warranty with my Toyo 255/35/20's just in case. They replace them free of charge, I pay mount and balance, for 2 years regardless of why the tires fail. I figure it's worth the peace of mind.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
Discount Tire's are NOT pro-rated. I have on every set of tires ive ever bought. It just so happens that on the most expensive set, it payed for itself with only one use. $130 warranty vs $250 tire, easy choice.

·
место рождения
1,965 Posts
if your talking about DTC. it's basically a free replacement road hazard warrenty. they say it' 3 years but we usually cover the tires until they go legally bald. the only things it doesnt cover is alignment damage, vandalism, and car accidents.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
if your talking about DTC. it's basically a free replacement road hazard warrenty. they say it' 3 years but we usually cover the tires until they go legally bald. the only things it doesnt cover is alignment damage, vandalism, and car accidents.
Alignment i agree 100% with. That other stuff, well, dont ask dont tell, lol.

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
Discount Tire's are NOT pro-rated. I have on every set of tires ive ever bought. It just so happens that on the most expensive set, it payed for itself with only one use. $130 warranty vs $250 tire, easy choice.
Lifetime warranty FTW! Including free rotations.

One of my tires was ripped (straight trhu the tread) when that bitch hit me. Took it in, got a brand new tire mounted and balanced for $25. Threw the whole set on my gril's Z. I think my warranty is no longer gonna work, but $25 for a $175 tire works out good for me.

-bZj

1 - 7 of 7 Posts