Votes: 73 72.3%
  • Keep my flowmaster

Votes: 28 27.7%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of taking out my flowmaster 40 series and putting in a magnaflow muffler. i have had the flowmaster for awhile, but i am getting an itch to try something else. is magnaflow a good muffler to get or is there another brand that you guys recomend?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
It's a popular choice. More of a smooth tone versus a can'd one. Dynomax makes some Ultra-Flo that sound cool. Gibson has mufflers people seem to like (never heard one myself).

You going for a cat-back or just a weld in?

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I went from a single in dual out 40 series flowmaster to a single dynomax bullet and I couldn't be happier. It sounds great at WOT without hardly any interior resonance.

·
DisgruntleD
3,822 Posts
I like my spintech:rocking:

I would like to see if someone could make me a Spintech smiley, or a waving banner or something. I just like to run with the smaller companys who make good products, and I do love the sound of mine. Of course, I live in Flowmaster country, so most anything is better than that.

I won't knock dynomax either, because I have dynomax race magnum welded muff's in 2.5 true duals on my 81 with a 93 LT1 and it sounds badass also.

9,785 Posts
I can try to get some clips of my LS1 Camaro if you would like. I have 3" bullet (the long one) split into dual 2.5" exhaust ran to the back of the car...it sounds very nice and most people say "classy"

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I have had a flowmaster on my truck, its a 1994 bu the way, for awhile and i am just getting tired of it. Its too loud in the cab and its just getting annoying to me. I was thinking Magnaflow because it seemed alot of people have them on here and i have read some good things about them from evryone

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
spintech dude... no doubt.

I have an SLP resonator, and may possibly be changing to a 'spin here within the next few months.

·
Registered
8,269 Posts
if you dont want interior resonance dont get the dynomax bullet. The drone is terrible at 1600rpm but it doesnt bother me bc i could barely tell my old flowmaster was there and i love how the bullet sounds on my 5.3

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just had the Magnaflow installed today. I was amazed at the differnce, it sounds really good. I can now talk to people in my truck without yelling. it is really quiet until u step on the throttle then it makes a really deep tone. Thanks guys for all the help

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Do you have cats still?

·
droppin loads
3,883 Posts
I'll never buy a flowmaster again. I had a 40 series dumped on my old truck and have a magnaflow dumped on my new truck. 100000x better.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah JayBo, I have to keep the cats on, Cali's smog laws,but i do have JBA shorty headers. I know Belmont, I had this Flowmaster for about 5 yrs, the change the Magnaflow made is great! It even seems as if my truck runs smoother also.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
My truck has the cats and straights on it right now, it sounds good until about 2300 rpm then it starts popping like mad. Sounds 'neck.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i dont know the model, because the muffler shop i went to told me there are three sizes to choose from, small medium or large, he said the smallest one was the loudest, so i chose the medium one, sorry i couldnt help you. The medium sounds great to me, i cant even tell the truck is running, but once u step on the gas its not flowmaster loud, just a deep tone, and there is no interior noise at all even at high RPM's

1 - 20 of 44 Posts