GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i lift my truck will i have to change my driveshaft? If so, how much will this cost and how do i determine which kind/size/etc i need?

·
Banned
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh ya- how much do driveshafts usually cost? Id like to get a chrome one if at all possible...that would be sooo PIMP :ninja:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
You will most definately need a longer rear shaft with that much lift... Costs me about $200 to get my rear lengthened, most of the cost is in the tube since I run a real heavy wall to resist dents. Stock size tube will probably only be in the $150 range, but then again steel prices went up 65% about 2 weeks ago :flame:

·
Banned
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HAHA good one sevenfold. I want the thicker look and i was gunna try to get a chrome one cuz there is a guy in town with one and it is sick. anyone know how much that would cost? What would be a good diameter and thickness to get a new driveshaft in if i want to go with the thicker than stock size? Maybe like 5 or 6"?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Most people go thinner. The stock one is really thick and that aluminum so its easier to balance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you may not have to strtch your shaft but will definately have to relocate carrier brg, just check your splines after you lift it then worry about that. hell your from cali aint ya must be 50 chrome shops by you. you can save a lot of money on chrome if you polish it yourself first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts