GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GMFS Firefighter
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok maybe this is a dumb question, but the morons at the dealership didnt reset the change oil alert on the message center. Can I do it myself or do they have to do it. Its probably in the manual, but I am too lazy to get up and go outside to get it, and then look through it to find it. Oh yeah its a 01 sierra if it makes any difference. Thanks.

Wes

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
turn the key to run, (right before starting the engine) and press the gas pedal 5 times real fast, next time you turn the truckon the light will blink like 3 times and reset.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Dubboy said:
Ok maybe this is a dumb question, but the morons at the dealership didnt reset the change oil alert on the message center. Can I do it myself or do they have to do it. Its probably in the manual, but I am too lazy to get up and go outside to get it, and then look through it to find it. Oh yeah its a 01 sierra if it makes any difference. Thanks.

Wes

Turn the key to RUN with the Engine off.

Press the Gas Pedal all the way to the floor 5 times withen 3 seconds.. Might be 3 withen 5.. But anyway.

It works.

Hope that fixes it

Brandon

·
GMFS Firefighter
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BigBubbaBD said:
Turn the key to RUN with the Engine off.

Press the Gas Pedal all the way to the floor 5 times withen 3 seconds.. Might be 3 withen 5.. But anyway.

It works.

Hope that fixes it

Brandon

Thanks guys

·
Registered
388 Posts
This my sound weird but if you keep your door open the change oil light will continue to flash, take the key out close the door and check it it will be reset.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts