GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GMFS Firefighter
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok maybe this is a dumb question, but the morons at the dealership didnt reset the change oil alert on the message center. Can I do it myself or do they have to do it. Its probably in the manual, but I am too lazy to get up and go outside to get it, and then look through it to find it. Oh yeah its a 01 sierra if it makes any difference. Thanks.

Wes

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
turn the key to run, (right before starting the engine) and press the gas pedal 5 times real fast, next time you turn the truckon the light will blink like 3 times and reset.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Dubboy said:
Ok maybe this is a dumb question, but the morons at the dealership didnt reset the change oil alert on the message center. Can I do it myself or do they have to do it. Its probably in the manual, but I am too lazy to get up and go outside to get it, and then look through it to find it. Oh yeah its a 01 sierra if it makes any difference. Thanks.

Wes

Turn the key to RUN with the Engine off.

Press the Gas Pedal all the way to the floor 5 times withen 3 seconds.. Might be 3 withen 5.. But anyway.

It works.

Hope that fixes it

Brandon

·
GMFS Firefighter
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BigBubbaBD said:
Turn the key to RUN with the Engine off.

Press the Gas Pedal all the way to the floor 5 times withen 3 seconds.. Might be 3 withen 5.. But anyway.

It works.

Hope that fixes it

Brandon

Thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.