GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i got sick of my white dash getting dirty all the time, so i used a metallic phantom grey, and painted it over again. i took these pics right after my 4th coat of paint, i will clear them tomorrow and buff them(thats gonna suck) and then i will post some install pics.

i have the dark grey dash and these colors go great together.

Tell me what u think.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Looks sweet! Have any full pics of it? Definately get some pictures once it is installed. Looks like you did a good job :D

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
That looks real nice Dan. Definatly get some installed pics when your finished.

·
Registered
272 Posts
how did you go about painting your dash? i just went to a junk yard and found a spare one to start trying on and i dont know the first thing about it. thanks!

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Damn that does look sweet!! I'm going to paint mine pretty soon and that's about the same color I'm going with. Kinda like my ext color.

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
fullthrottledan: Is that just plane ole' rattle can spray paint on that dash piece? It looks too damn good to be. I really like that dark metallic grey.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all i did for the dash is sand all of the texture off of it, till it was smooth, then sprayed 3 coats of primer and 4 coats of paint.(out of a real paint gun not rattle can.)

thanks for all the good comments.
Dan

all finished

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
:head: good job dan it looks real nice :head:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
That look a lot better, not that the white looked bad! I can't wait to see it in person.
Are you going to paint the other white interior pieces?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
What did you use to sand all the texture? I have like 4 hours in on my bezel alone and its getting close to perfectly smooth but still not there, this is all by hand. Im sure there is a faster way...

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
What did you use to sand all the texture? I have like 4 hours in on my bezel alone and its getting close to perfectly smooth but still not there, this is all by hand. Im sure there is a faster way...

dont rush it... you'll be much happier in the end.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
That looks awesome, I'm thinkin about getting an extra bezel and painting arrival blue to match my truck. Did you shoot the primer with the paint gun as well?

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Silverado said:
That looks awesome, I'm thinkin about getting an extra bezel and painting arrival blue to match my truck. Did you shoot the primer with the paint gun as well?
yeah i shot everything with the paint gun. its pretty easy for me. i used a DA sander to get the top and sides but did the rest by hand.
DO NOT RUSH IT. those are my only words of advice.

Dan

·
Registered
520 Posts
Silverado said:
If you get the bezel done, please post. Want to do the same thing. Just curious as to how it will turn out with the blue on the interior.

·
Handshake Drugs
310 Posts
I'm still sanding on mine but is ther an easier way to get into the little places where the lip and main part meet? I'm having the most trouble with those parts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts