GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the oil in my supercharger yesterday.

This shit costs $13/bottle and I need 2 of them. So after spending about $30 after taxes and buying a spray bottle to use the sprayer out of I took the old oil, which had the color of Pepsi to the new oil which looked almost clear, like corn syrup.

Here's a guide that shows the way to do it
http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/GTP-Supercharger-Oil-Change/index.html

The results: less whine from the supercharger and hopefully more longevity. It might just be a mental thing but when I get on it hard now it seems almost a little quicker.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
I changed the oil in my supercharger yesterday.

This shit costs $13/bottle and I need 2 of them. So after spending about $30 after taxes and buying a spray bottle to use the sprayer out of I took the old oil, which had the color of Pepsi to the new oil which looked almost clear, like corn syrup.

Here's a guide that shows the way to do it
http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/GTP-Supercharger-Oil-Change/index.html

The results: less whine from the supercharger and hopefully more longevity. It might just be a mental thing but when I get on it hard now it seems almost a little quicker.
yeah, nobody does it, but you're supposed to swap it out every 12k or once a year

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, nobody does it, but you're supposed to swap it out every 12k or once a year
I thought the manual said 30k. I plan on doing it about that interval. Shit I've had the car for almost 4 months and have barely put 2500 mile on it.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
I heard you were supposed to use 1/3 battery acid and 2/3 salt water in factory superchargers....:think:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
oh yea... I wiped my superchargers ass after it took a shit on a SRT10...

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
please excuse me thats my computer turrets kicking in...

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
smells great doesn't it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts