GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it hard to change the hubs on a D44? My old ones on there are shot. THe dials are all busted. Also i have a broken stud. How hard is it to get to and replace and can new studs be bought from like Advance auto and places like that?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah and does anybody know where i can find a full online manual on the Ford Dana 44? SOmething with Diagrams and stuff. Something simliar to the 14 Bolt Bible only for a d44

·
Banned
487 Posts
I get most all of my repair parts at CarQuest. I know they have studs, i got some for them for my d44 once.
To replace the stud, you gotta do about the same thing im doing to my d44 right now.
If its a lockout-hub style, take the lock out off, there should be a spring behind it. then take the clip out in front of the 2 silver nuts, turn the 2 silver nuts off (they shouldnt be very tight) and the rotor should slide off. Then turn the rotor upside down and pound the stud out and replace.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Check out my SFA page, its almost identicle to a dana 60 and I show step by step how to do it. IM me if y ou got questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts