GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a really nice set of black 20x9 Platinum America 406 wheels I got in a trade and have nearly nothing in. I think they would look great on my 2014 but I can't stand the center caps. They cover the lugs, which to me looks good on a 2wd street truck, not so much on a 4x4. I've googled to no avail and my local tire shop is clueless. Is it possible to match up another set of center caps, that come through the hub bore from the back of the wheel, leaving the lugs exposed? The closest legit rim shop is an hour away and I plan on taking one of the wheels with me next time I'm down that way but has anyone else done what I'm talking about? Surely theres a cap that will work but the only thing I can find online is the replacement cover-ups. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
They wont look right, imo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, the way the center section of the wheel is made it could work either way. The only thing that would give it away that it had a full cover cap would be the tiny litte hole for the Allen screw. I'd really like to use these if they'll work. Doing a 2.5" level and 33"s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts