GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering how often you guys changing your filters and fluids. Oil, Tranny, and fuel filters. Obviously oil and filter I ussually do every 5k miles but how often should the fuel and tranny filter be changed?

·
Banned
86 Posts
if its the truck in your avatar, you have no fuel filter. trans filter at 100 with dex 6, trans fluid at 60. oil once a year in my chevies and every 5k in my vw.
There IS a fuel filter in that truck, its just pretty much impossible to replace it as its internal INSIDE the gas tank, why? idk but its stupid. Anyway the idiot who owned my nbs didnt replace the fuel filter in the truck EVER (80,000 miles), it still had coding from the factory and it was ac delco. This led to the fuel pump being replaced and the fuel meter aswell. When i took the old fuel filter out there was no physical way of getting anything through the filter, this must not be as big of an issue for the nnbs or it would not be configured this way. Anyway replace your fuel filters oil and anything essential when you buy a new vehicle, My fuel was black and low aswell. Why cant ppl take care of their vehicle?:yuno:

·
Registered
505 Posts
In my diesels: 6000 mi for the oil filter, 6-8000 miles for the fuel filter, ~15000 for the spin on for the Allison spin on filter. Believe it or not, when I changed it for the second time on my built 06, it locked up harder and shifted better. Must've gotten rid of all the break in debris.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Below is what we recommend to our customers.
MERCHANT AUTOMOTIVE RECOMMENDED SERVICE INTERVALS

FRONT AND REAR DIFFERENTIAL 75,000

SPIN ON TRANSMISSION FILTER 15,000-20,000

INTERNAL TRANSMISSION FILTER 50,000

FUEL FILTER 10,000-15,000

TRANSFER CASE 20,000 OR ONCE A YEAR

ENGINE OIL 5,000 CONVENTIAL
10,000 SYNTHETIC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts