GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember a few months ago some people were talking about ways you could run 8 lug wheels on an half-tons 6 lugs. Has anyone found out any more info on this? Is it just something that slips onto the hub? This is something I really want to do, but I dont know where to look to get more info.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
okie_in_cali said:
I remember a few months ago some people were talking about ways you could run 8 lug wheels on an half-tons 6 lugs. Has anyone found out any more info on this? Is it just something that slips onto the hub? This is something I really want to do, but I dont know where to look to get more info.
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1915

you have to change the lug pattern, it's more complicated than slipping something over the hub. a wheel spacer company told me i could not change from 6 to 8 because the bolt patterns would conflict. you could run 8 bolt hubs and brakes, but i bet it'd be a real nightmare changing all that. 6bolt HD wheels would be nice.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hovisimo said:
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1915

you have to change the lug pattern, it's more complicated than slipping something over the hub. a wheel spacer company told me i could not change from 6 to 8 because the bolt patterns would conflict. you could run 8 bolt hubs and brakes, but i bet it'd be a real nightmare changing all that. 6bolt HD wheels would be nice.
Thanks a lot for the info. Yeah I knew it would be to easy just slip something over the hub, but I thought I would ask. And changing the hubs and brakes is possiable, but I think I'll save my $ and try and buy a 3/4 in a year or two. Forget trying to my my half ton look like one, I'll just buy one (someday). Thanks again.

Greg

·
Registered
724 Posts
You can use spacers that change the bolt pattern. The spacer bolts to the hub and you can change the bolt pattern on the other side. There expensive though!

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Rednecked_4x4 said:
why would you go through all that BS just to run 8 lug wheels?
because 8 lug alloys look badass, and the only factory 6 lug wheels that look halfway decent are the chromed steel wheels, but those will rust. i'm not real fond of the alloys my truck came with.

dreamrr said:
You can use spacers that change the bolt pattern. The spacer bolts to the hub and you can change the bolt pattern on the other side. There expensive though!
rock on... you wouldn't happen to have a link, would you? like i said, one company already told me it was impossible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts