GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just gone done changing the fuel pump in my little truck, I just wanted to offer a bit of advice that should help you guys out changing your full size trucks pump.

If you change your pump by removing your truck bed, make sure you reconnect the ground wires in the back by the rear bumper in order to test the pump. I thought that this ground was just for the tail lights but there is a wire there for the fuel pump ground there too.

I am assuming that it would also apply to the OBS (96-99) trucks, if it dosen't just take this as a vent from me because it boggled my mind why the new pump wouldn't work, I didn't really get pissed, I just sat in my chair for along time thinking what the hell could be the problem and that ground I unhooked popped into my head, I thought no way, but it was..... I suck....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It must be for 99+, obs only require the haraness to the pump for it to work.
No, this would be for s-10's only then, I thought they might be the same because the top part of the fuel pumps between the s-10 and obs f/s trucks are the same and the fuel system is the same also. but oh well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts