GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 2 months ago i drove my truck around a little bit and shut it off listened to the radio for maybe not even 5 minutes and the truck wouldnt start due to a dead battery. the voltyage was right in the middle of the gauge where it was supposed to be. but i noticed when i got the truck that when you use the blinkers that the needle moves back and forth quite a bit every time the light blinks. the needle also goes down when you turn the lights on etc. so i replaced the battery and alternator and its still doing this. the needle will go down but when i wake up in the morning and start the truck up its back where its supposed to be. any of you guys know how to fix this. i just dont wanna come out of school one day and look like an idiot cause my truck wont start:imo

·
Registered
215 Posts
i just did a car at work like that. have you looked at the connections. that could be the problem. the car would run but when turned off it would drop. the batt. should be at 12 volts all the time when the car is off. and at about 14 when it is running

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
which light is it? and i checked how much volts its running at when the engine is on and its like 13.8. im justtired oth the needle running down, and then overnight its back to normal then runs down etc

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah tyhat light comes on right when i turn the key

1 - 6 of 6 Posts