GMC Truck Forum banner

chassis for 2003 gmc reg cab

Important 
4K views 39 replies 9 participants last post by  LaydSierra 
#1 ·
im looking to bodydrop my truck to lay on 24s.. i have a 2003 gmc reg cab and came across this web site--- www.seriouslyinsaneautoconcepts.com --- and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about them..? is it a good set up..? would it even be what im looking for..?

#2 ·
they seem to know what they are talkin about and looks like they have some nice stuff built. But i guess it all comes down to how much money are you willing to spend. It looks like if you want just the frame and you bolt/weld your stuff all on its $1900 and if you want it setup to the suspension its upwards of $5000 and thats for there hot rod setups. and thats just the frame my man. You still have to do all the work on your cab and bed and moving fuse box, hydroboost, tubing firiewall etc... Other people will chime in but thats just for starters

#3 ·
they seem to know what they are talkin about and looks like they have some nice stuff built. But i guess it all comes down to how much money are you willing to spend. It looks like if you want just the frame and you bolt/weld your stuff all on its $1900 and if you want it setup to the suspension its upwards of $5000 and thats for there hot rod setups. and thats just the frame my man. You still have to do all the work on your cab and bed and moving fuse box, hydroboost, tubing firiewall etc... Other people will chime in but thats just for starters
so its good stuff just expensive..? cause id have to do all that stuff anyways right..? could i have the same outcome if i were to just channel the cab and get new front and rear suspension built and still be reliable for a daily.. and when i say daily i mean like 20-30 miles a day.. what are the main benifits of having a full chassis built besides doing it the other ways..?

#9 ·
those are two different types of bodydrops... you can do a stock floor with you stock frame.. you can just do a firewall back frame. or you can channel it. you can also do a traditional bodydrop
how hard is it to do a firewall back frame..? im looking to lay hard rocker on 24's.. lookin for about 4 inches total bd.. whats the best way to do that..?

#11 ·
so your going to be cutting your rockers? cause 4 inchs in about the first bodyline after pinch. a firewall back bodydrop would just be using your front clip and making the rest of the frame. so you need to know what your doing..know matter what you need to know what your doing.. the easiest bodydrop to do would be a traditional or a channel..

#13 ·
#14 ·
what he said....

3.25 tops...you can cut and cap the rockers to give it a lower affect but if its a daily and you prolly dont want to tackle that job...

channeling will prolly be your best bet in your situation....
yea need to keep it a daily.. so 3 should be doable and keep it reliable..? with a 2.75 or 3 inch channel will i be able to run 35 series tires on 24s..?

#15 ·
You don't need a full frame...but the benefits of one are very very nice. You can get alot more plus's out of your truck...I full framed mine and I won't own another bagged truck that isn't full framed. Fender checking and fender to wheel clearance problems are a thing of the past for me...I won't get into the details because supposedly it is bashing but it's nice being able to set your ride height and drive. If you have the cash...and don't mind spending it. Get you a full frame and ask them to narrow the front track width an 1.5 on both sides...so a total of 3 inches. Gaurantee you'll love it...

#17 ·
yea need to keep it a daily.. so 3 should be doable and keep it reliable..? with a 2.75 or 3 inch channel will i be able to run 35 series tires on 24s..?

i guess it all depends on your budget.....

what you need to do is take a straight edge and place it under the frame and measure from the rocker panel to the straight edge and thats how much you need to body drop it.... you could go more than that but you DO NOT want your cab sitting lower than your frame cuz you WILL crush the rocker panel causing you more work in the end....

and about the 35 series tire, it all depends on wheel offset, lift capabilties, ride height, do you want to raise it while turning or keep it hammered.... these are all questions in which you need to figure out....there are alot more too it than that but these are just the basics....

theoretically, yes, you can but like i said its all in preference....

#22 ·
i guess it all depends on your budget.....

what you need to do is take a straight edge and place it under the frame and measure from the rocker panel to the straight edge and thats how much you need to body drop it.... you could go more than that but you DO NOT want your cab sitting lower than your frame cuz you WILL crush the rocker panel causing you more work in the end....

and about the 35 series tire, it all depends on wheel offset, lift capabilties, ride height, do you want to raise it while turning or keep it hammered.... these are all questions in which you need to figure out....there are alot more too it than that but these are just the basics....

theoretically, yes, you can but like i said its all in preference....
i would love to keep it hammered while turning but i realize that might be a little hard to achieve.. so lifting it to turn wont be a problem for me.. i would be able to make regular turns without raising it too much right..? just air up at stop signs and things like that..?

#24 ·
what size rim and tire are you running..? cause im looking to have a 24x10 so 305/35/24.. unless there is another option..
24x9 275/30/24, 30.5" overall height & with the 305/35 your lookin at 32.5" overall, thats a pretty good jump

#26 ·
i would love to keep it hammered while turning but i realize that might be a little hard to achieve.. so lifting it to turn wont be a problem for me.. i would be able to make regular turns without raising it too much right..? just air up at stop signs and things like that..?
Before I narrowed mine...I could barely change lanes at ride Height...which was just barely tuckin tire...that's on a dodge though. Buddy of mine can change lanes low...but he's not aligned there. He's aligned the lowest he could be...and he cant even change lanes without rubbing...wants me to build him Upper and lowers to try and suck them in a lil...just so he's not crushing fenders if he has to swerve to miss something in the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.