GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well,
i was trying to race a trans am and i put my sticky tires on the back and got the best launch of my life in this truck and i heard a big clunk. i made it back to my shop and lifted my truck on the lift and i bent the ears off my flip kit. the peice that is between the springs and the axle. i bent both sides. this would not have been too bad but i shattered my rear shocks at the same time. I called up AIM and they will not warrenty this. i have to buy all new peices. i was sooo mad. damn them, DO NOT BUY FROM AIM. man that makes me mad. sorry, i just had to get this off my chest.
i will post pics of the broken peices tomorrow when i take them off.

in case you were wondering...i got my ass handed to me by the trans am.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Yup...no big surprise. Their parts are inferior junk....good for book ends. If you browse any other trucks boards go to them and search for AIM. They have a nasty reputation. I will guarentee hundreds of stories like this and worse. Sure their prices seem good but it's pure crap.

Cameron

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i wish i joined this board before i did anything to my truck. i have learned the hard way on everything so far. just debating if i want another flip kit, or just do a 4 link and coilovers......

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Depends on how much cash you wanna drop :bowtie:. 4 link and coilovers would be sweet if it's in the budget.

Cameron

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont care of the price, i want it bad. i am looking at a KC 4 link and cantaleiver setup but i dont know what and where to get coilovers. i just called KC but they were out to lunch, i will call them adn see what they think for coilovers

D

·
0 Posts
so you guys think if I replace my chassis tech hangars the truck may actually come down in the back? I have belltech shackles, but chassis tech hangars and that bastard didnt come down at all in the back.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
fullthrottledan said:
i dont care of the price, i want it bad. i am looking at a KC 4 link and cantaleiver setup but i dont know what and where to get coilovers. i just called KC but they were out to lunch, i will call them adn see what they think for coilovers
Why would you put the catilever kit on the KP 4-link? I thought the whole reason for it was to get more lift out of your air bags and to get a good ride on bags. Seems since you would be running coilovers the 4-link would be enough.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
fullthrottledan said:
The KP cantilever was probably not designed to use with coilovers. I would just get either a KP bolt on 4 link (which you can probaly use later if you want to convert to the cantilever with bags), weld on kit, or ART weld on kit to use with coilovers.....

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Adam,
the paint is not too bad. I paint it like once everyother month. it just fades a little bit, but enough for me to notice. i just sand and re-shoot. there is never any shipping or anything though. did you ever sell your truck yet?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
fullthrottledan said:
well, i called chassistech and got them to warrenty these ones. i told them i would call my lawyer if they didnt. so the now ones are on the way.
Yikes, theres no way your truck should have been able to bend that piece like that .. crappy crappy crappy .... :nono:

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
fullthrottledan said:
well, i called chassistech and got them to warrenty these ones. i told them i would call my lawyer if they didnt. so the now ones are on the way.
Well, looking at that pic I cannot believe that would bend like that. It did, and therefore it reinforces how much of a complete piece of crap their product is. I know they will now cover it but I wouldn't replace junk with replacement junk. I would seriously consider getting a quality part from a quality suspension company. I'd hate to think what else could happen running those parts not to mention running complete inferior junk on a $30,000 truck. I would never use their crap even if they paid me to....

Just my .02 worth

Cameron

1 - 20 of 67 Posts