GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I need some input from anybody who might know or have experience. I just had 3 gas test cylinders put on my desk and my boss said to make them dissapear be it the debris box or make them grow feet.

They are 500ml DOT approved compressed gas cylinders made from 304ss with 5000psi ratings. They have dual ports and each one has single way valves on both ends one for input and one for output.

Now obviously they have very minimal volume so using them as a compressed air source for tires or something requiring volume makes no sense, but I was thinking maybe of taking 2 or even all 3 and plumbing them in series and building a bracket to hold all 3 together as a unit. I could then grab a regulator and I was thinking of using it as a backup supply for the ARB in the event my compressor dies. The ARB only needs like 50psi of continuous pressure to operate and last I checked it the system didn't leak.

Do you think its worth the effort? Or is it to little volume to really be of any use for anything practical?

Oh and as for size the cylinder are about 15"'s from valve to valve and about 2"s in diameter so physically storing them isnt a big issue.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
They could probably be a good back up. If its not too much work, it would be cheap insurance.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
One of those would run an arb almost all day. Most comp rigs are running a single small paintball co2 tank to run there front and rear lockers for a whole days competition. Hell they run there engines on bbq propane bottles (the small ones).

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Co2tanks.jpg

Thats what Im working with, Im thinking take off 3 of the 1 way valves and plug all 3 into a manifold. Then put an output and input valve on either end of the manifold and then I just need to figure out a thread that is standard for Airgas or the like to fill.

·
Bigger, Longer, and UnCut
987 Posts
I would make an airgas gun to shoot ping pong balls or something, but thats just me. :head:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts