GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think ive pretty well decided on the rancho kit.... as long as its not too late to switch out my tires, (they are in, but i havent paid) im gonna order the rancho kit. just curious as to where the cheapest place is to order it from. i dont need to worry about install, just getting the kit.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
I thought you said that you werent gonna lift it? I knew it was gonna happen...

If you havent paid, they aint yours yet. Re-order some bigger meats. As for price, I dont think you can beat 4WP. They generally have the lowest raw prices on lift kits. Install and misc fees are where they screw ya. But if you aint having them install it, they're prices are great.

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Why the Rancho and not a Pro Comp or something similar? My Rancho is for sale, but I don't know if it'll fit a quad cab, and I doubt you'd want a used one.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i got the guy to find me some 35 12.50s on 17s... i called a million places today. my company has some wholesale accts at various places. i found one place that would give me a badass deal on a fabtech kit since it was going on my personal truck. im pretty sure im gonna order it instead. probably with the rancho shocks though.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well I heard some things the other day and MB truckmasters, where i got my lift installed, has done alot of firing and hiring and has a good crew now, dont hold me to it but they have always had the cheapest price....The did a shitty job on my truck, but it was just some nuts and bolts and routing of brakelines, might be a place to look at if what i hear is true......$500 on mine, cheapest place i could find....

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
OKLAGMCRUISER said:
Josh has gone to the darkside... :bawl:
or perhaps he has seen the light

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blue Z Cowboy said:
Well I heard some things the other day and MB truckmasters, where i got my lift installed, has done alot of firing and hiring and has a good crew now, dont hold me to it but they have always had the cheapest price....The did a shitty job on my truck, but it was just some nuts and bolts and routing of brakelines, might be a place to look at if what i hear is true......$500 on mine, cheapest place i could find....
thats 500 for the kit??? thats unbelievable. unless they wanted to sell it and have been sitting on it for a while.

i dont really like using smaller shops since they have to get it from a distributor, who gets it from somewhere else, everyone that touches the kit jacks the price a little, at work i am direct with alot of companies, i can pretty much get fabtech, rancho, and procomp. ive been debating these 3 for a week now, once i make up my mind, i change it as quick... today i looked into CST and RCD... damn they are nice :head:

i have also helped fix a truck that MB didnt really do right... it was a truck we built and MB messed with. if theyre staff has changed, i wish them the best. i dont really know them.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blue Z Cowboy said:
no just 500 labor, i wish that was the kit! :drool:
LOL, i do the labor myself. me and my buddy have been doing them since HS on the side. well probably open a shop in the next few years (hopefully)

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Blue Z Cowboy said:
whereabouts SA are ya? Im right by Rolling Oaks
281/1604 weve done alot of trucks on this side of town.. i also work at ranchhand on west ave....

·
Registered
187 Posts
sweet, if you ever drive by the discount tire on 281 between brookhollow and 1000 oaks, look for a black chevy NBS lifted and tell me what you think, thats my bosses truck, well pretty much ex, anyhow me and him have done a few lifts together, he used to own a shop in victoria, hes real good....

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Blue Z Cowboy said:
sweet, if you ever drive by the discount tire on 281 between brookhollow and 1000 oaks, look for a black chevy NBS lifted and tell me what you think, thats my bosses truck, well pretty much ex, anyhow me and him have done a few lifts together, he used to own a shop in victoria, hes real good....
if his name is josh, he is actually at a different store... im good friends with the other josh (with the camaro) over on 281. and yeah that black 1500HD kicks ass :head:

·
Registered
187 Posts
dang...ive been working at a different store for a while now but I got a better job, yea i know your boy, i know all them guys...partied with him once

1 - 17 of 17 Posts