GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get a sir michaels roll pan for my 04 anybody know who has them the cheapest?

·
Registered
658 Posts
do you know if they sell them painted...or is it just better to get it an have it painted yourself....

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Joshs2002Silverado said:
do you know if they sell them painted...or is it just better to get it an have it painted yourself....

You'll want to test fit them before paint anyway in case anything happens to be wrong...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
id love to find a deal on a sir mikes pan
Why don't you email that guy that had alot of the sir mikes pans forsale on Ebay last week and see if he can get you one. I gave $150 for mine and thought I was getting a deal, but $100 is nuts.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
way2hi said:
Why don't you email that guy that had alot of the sir mikes pans forsale on Ebay last week and see if he can get you one. I gave $150 for mine and thought I was getting a deal, but $100 is nuts.
i did with no response. all he had was for the HD trucks. i dont get it though... a fleetside is a fleetside. i dont see why the HDs are different. cept maybe the duallys.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have an old truckin' (I think that's the one) where they install a sir mike and a NBS white HD. I think it'd work fine especially if you welded it in.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
just order direct from sir micheals. and they do not come painted, they are raw steel. also be sure that when you get yours painted that they atleast primer the backside because they rust very easlily.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yes they do, my 1st one did it pretty badly, but this time I got smarter. Since the body shop felt it looked better raw I put 3 coats of primer and a coat of underbody coating on the backside of the pan.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Will a Undersealer stop rust? The reason I ask is cause when mine was welded in, they didnt spray the back with primer. They said they will spray it with a undersealer and it wont rust.......just curious..... also I got my 1st one from www.got20s.com but www.truckperformance.com had free shipping I think they were like $179 so it was a good deal and got here quick :drool: :head: :worship:

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
way2hi said:
I emailed that guy before i posted this and he said he had one and just sold it!!! :bawl:

Anybody ever use one of streetbeats rollpans?? there are pretty cheap!!
http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/cstrolgm9900.html

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I've used rust converter before, it turned the rust black and then I sprayed it with primer and black paint. I haven't seen any rust whatsoever, of course I it'd only work on surface rust. You still have to think about the raw metal behind the pan where it bolts to the bed to get full protection.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
way2hi said:
I've used rust converter before, it turned the rust black and then I sprayed it with primer and black paint. I haven't seen any rust whatsoever, of course I it'd only work on surface rust. You still have to think about the raw metal behind the pan where it bolts to the bed to get full protection.
rust converter is under seal or what? I'm not sure if they sprayed where it bolts to the bed......so thats kinda screwed but Im not crackin the welds lol :bowtie: :anitoof: shhhhhiiiiiiit

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Actually when I had my 1st rollpan when I had it bolted on the fool didnt even prime it before he painted it! He said the local truckshop said he didnt have to BS :ninja: its raw steel! So he had to re-do it, and it came out cool. So I sold it. Chose a new shop and itz welded on :rocking: :head: theres really nothin I can do about where it meets the bed if they didnt primer there huh.....?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
no not really, they forgot to primer mine there too. Rust converter is just that, it's not an underseal. If you have surface rust on the inside of your pan then I'd spray it with rust converter, couple coats of primer, and a coat of rubberized underbody coating. Remember to take the license plate off and tape the hole up, then tape off the bottom part of the pan (where it's painted and rolls under), and tape off the 2 places on each side of the pan right under the tailgate. I have noticed some surface rust on mine in a hard to reach spot and I'm going to do eaxactly what I told you to do to mine there.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
So what exactly is a underseal? I know they usually prime it to prevent rust........I sprayed my old one with Rustouem and it still rusted after a few months. Yea I was already gettin surface rust on the new one in some areas. I just wanna get it taken care of so its all good :evillol: Damn I hated taping everything off last time lol, so if underseal is cool thatd :rocking: :head: if not I guess I can spray prime n such over it.......let me know whats up. I gotta get my truck today :worship: :bowtie:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts