GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found some deals online, I thinking of going with the autogeek.com package which is $250 and it comes with 7" backing and three pads, but if any of you guys have bought one and know of a better deal I would appreciated the info. There are a couple of other places online selling them cheaper, but they have no rep so I'm a little wary.

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
You will thank us later if you get the makita. A much better machine and a little lighter. I couldn't be happier with both my makitas.

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny you say that because I've used both machines and prefer the DW, yeah its a little heavier, but the power dial lists the actual RPM vs 1 - 5 and the dewalt just feels more solid (sounds dumb i know). I also greatly prefer the handle on the DW over the makita, the loop just bugs the shit outta me when I'm buffing.

I'll do some more research but I'm pretty much sold on the DW.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
You dont have to use the loop if you dont want to. I never used the dw, but I love my makita. And you learn pretty quick which # is what rpm, so its really pretty easy to remember when using it.
Obviously preferences are personal though, so go w/ what you like more.

·
Registered
790 Posts
the only thing i have found different between the dewalt and the makita besides weight is that sometimes the dewalts rmp dial is kinda hard to turn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts