GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a relatively cheap straight through muffler that has a loud tone but not too obnoxious. I don't want to pay $1000 for an exhaust. I have an 03 Suburban and am thinking about dual pipes out the back. What would yall recommend?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Magnaflow is pretty cheap, just have it welded in place of your stock muffler. Don't do dual tips they look bad. On a suburban do a nice stainless tip on the factory exit.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want dual tips slanted at a 45 and tucked up high. It will look good imo. I have heard magnaflows are pretty bad when it comes to drone though.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the CBE's are not

Which one is that? I don't know much about Dynomax's. All I know is that my friend had dual bullets and no cats and it was one of the loudest exhausts I had heard. I just want something deep and reasonably loud but nothing that will kill me on long trips to and from college.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Cherry Bomb Extreme :imo

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you're saying its not obnoxiously loud and won't kill me? How are they performance wise?

Are Cherry Bomb Pros louder than CBEs?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
So you're saying its not obnoxiously loud and won't kill me? How are they performance wise?
Mine is 3" Catback to a CBE into dual 2.5" pipes dumped right before the bumper. I also ran it with Tips and dumped after the axle. NO DRONE, sounds great when you get on it and not obnoxious. I cant wait to hear em with L/Ts and ORY :imo .

Hear is a comparison flow chart..Not sure where the CBE would fall though.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts

Are Cherry Bomb Pros louder than CBEs?
Bullets are the best you will get performance wise. And like said if you still have stock manifolds and cats it wont be that loud.

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
If I went this route should I get dual bullets if I want dual pipes?
If you want it quieter get a y-pipe before the mufflers so you can run two bullets side by side. Or you can do a single muffler with a splitter after the muffler. You can get different length bullets as well. I had a single 18" bullet on my Camaro dumped with cats and stock manifolds and it wasn't loud at all.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Which are louder shorter or longer ones. Also you're saying a y pipe with 2 seperate bullets is quieter than just a single bullet??? I would have thought the opposite.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
the shorter the louder

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Would glass packs be louder than a short bullet?

Also Jameson how do you think bullets compare to the cherry bomb extreme that you love so much?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
The CBE's have a deeper tone to em. Glasspacks sound like shit BTW.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts