7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody

I’ own a sierra 09 with the 4.8

my setup is
JBA headers
Vibrant Metal Core Race Catalytic Converters
magnaflow cat back

and now the check engine is on I know the second o2 is the problem what can I do?

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
Well you can try to find O2 simulators. Itll clear the light. Or the better option is to get a custom tune like Blackear.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
The EPA came down pretty hard on the o2 sim manufacturers awhile back. They used to be available now you can't really find them. They're nothing more than some resistors though IIRC, but whatever. Get a custom tune.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Custom tune is pretty hard to find her in Quebec /Canada I think nobody do that here?

I consider diablosport tuner next summer it's why I'm looking for some thing quick and easy and not expensive

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Custom tune is pretty hard to find her in Quebec /Canada I think nobody do that here?

I consider diablosport tuner next summer it's why I'm looking for some thing quick and easy and not expensive
Mail order tune, they just mail you an ECU/TCM. Programmers suck balls and are more expensive and do less than a custom tune. No offense, but shorty headers and high flow cats aren't the best choices in performance mods so do something right and get a custom tune.

www.blackbearperformance.com

·
Registered
2,201 Posts

No. Get a custom tune, its simple and arguably the best money you will ever spend on your truck. I repeat, anything else is going to be a waste of time and money.

Mail order tune, they just mail you an ECU/TCM. Programmers suck balls and are more expensive and do less than a custom tune. No offense, but shorty headers and high flow cats aren't the best choices in performance mods so do something right and get a custom tune.

www.blackbearperformance.com
^^^ :shake: Take advantage of the advice that's being given to you.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Can you tell me if that works and if some body have don this mod
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=486937
If you're looking at the solution labeled spark plug defouler, yes it works. One of my buddies did it not too long back, I want to say about a year ago. Thats a quick and easy "fix". However, like people mentioned, look into the mail order tune from Black Bear.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Curious, why the hell did you replace the stock cats? They flow pretty well all things considered.............

·
Registered
650 Posts
^ Thats what I keep hearing, but my muffler shop said that they were made for a 4 cylinder engine not a V8. Anyone have proof of stock vs. aftermarket tests?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
^ Thats what I keep hearing, but my muffler shop said that they were made for a 4 cylinder engine not a V8. Anyone have proof of stock vs. aftermarket tests?

Ummm... half of a V8 is an I4..............

·
Registered
650 Posts
Ummm... half of a V8 is an I4..............
:crazy: good point sir.

So if I put one cat after the Y would it restrict flow to much? Im putting one because the shop said that they will pass me on an inspection if I atleast have one.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
:crazy: good point sir.

So if I put one cat after the Y would it restrict flow to much? Im putting one because the shop said that they will pass me on an inspection if I atleast have one.

With your mods? LOL fuck no.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
It's not legal so you might as well run no cats. Don't waste your time, and find a new muffler shop.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
they fucked you

1 - 20 of 23 Posts