GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado 5.3l LS and it has a bunch of check engine code most being related to the circuit. If someone could help me figure out why I have all the codes that would be great. The truck runs fine and shows no issues whatsoever. No check engine light either.
here are the codes
P0101 MAF sensor performance
P0102 MAF sensor circuit low frequency
P0103 MAF sensor circuit high frequency
P0106 MAP sensor performance
P0108 MAP sensor circuit high voltage
P0112 IAT sensor circuit low voltage
P0113 IAT sensor circuit high voltage
P0117 ECT sensor circuit low voltage
P0118 ECT sensor circuit high voltage
P0121 throttle position sensor circuit insufficient activity
P0125 ECT insufficient for closed loop fuel control
P0128 coolant thermostat
P0131 HO2s circuit low voltage bank 1 sensor 1
P0132 HO2S circuit high voltage bank 1 sensor 1
P0133 HO2S slow response bank 1 sensor 1
P0134 HO2S circuit insufficient activity bank 1 sensor 1
P0135 HO2S heater performance bank 1 sensor 1
P0137 HO2S circuit low voltage bank 1 sensor 2
P0138 HO2S circuit high voltage bank 1 sensor 2
P0140 HO2S circuit insufficient activity bank 1 sensor 2
P0141 HO2S Heater performance bank 1 sensor 2
P0151 HO2S circuit low voltage bank 2 sensor 1
P0152 HO2S circuit high voltage bank 2 sensor 1
P0152 HO2S slow response bank 2 sensor 1
P0154 HO2S circuit insufficient activity bank 2 sensor 1
P0155 HO2S heated performance bank 2 sensor 1
P0157 HO2S circuit low voltage bank 2 sensor 2
P0158 HO2S circuit high voltage bank 2 sensor 2
P0160 HO2S circuit insufficient activity bank 2 sensor 2
P0161 HO2S Heater performance bank 2 sensor 2
P0171 fuel trim system lean bank 1
P0172 fuel trim system rich bank 1
P0174 fuel trim system lean bank 2
P0175 fuel trim system rich bank 2
P0200 injector control circuit
P0230 fuel pump relay control circuit
P0300 engine misfire detected
P0325 OCM knock sensor circuit
P0327 knock sensor circuit low voltage
P0332 knock sensor 2 circuit low voltage bank 2

·
Registered
669 Posts
Almost all, if not all of those codes should trigger a check engine light. Where are you getting those codes from? as in what device are you using to see them?

It seems like you are just seeing the codes that could trigger, not ones that have triggered...

How does the truck run? or does it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Truck runs perfectly fine as far as I can tell. I am getting the codes from a Zurich code scanner zr8. Brand new device. Someone brought up the thought of maybe the check engine light bulb is bad. The code in the corner says not passed SC. I will attach a picture of one of the codes

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Those shouldn't be trouble codes, you are reading readiness tests. You have to drive enough cycles after resetting the check engine light before you can go through emissions.

Depending on which state and locality you live in you have to have the vehicle scanned in order to pass emissions. If you have a trouble code and you fix it, you'll have to reset the CEL. When you do that it clears all the data and you will have to drive it around through certain conditions in order for the PCM to validate that you have passed the readiness tests. That way you can't clear the codes, then run through emissions right away before the code comes up again.

The easy way to test the CEL light is to turn the truck on, but not start it, the CEL will be lit up if it works and then shut off when the truck starts. BTW the bulb is actually a LED for the CEL and typically does not burn out and can only be removed by cutting or desoldering it from the board in the cluster.

Reactions: RedXray

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That makes sense. Our scanner aswell has a emissions drive cycle section and i will try that and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank has fixed the issue. thank you so much!
Hi, can you tell me how you fixed this issue? I have an Innova 5610 scanner which has given me the exact same DTC's on my 98 chevy truck. I just sent the scanner back to Innova because they said they have never seen the "Not Passed SC" message and they think something is wrong with it.

Was your scanner bad or was there some other way you got rid of the DTC's. I tried erasing them and got the same result you did. Zurick scanners are made by Innova so they probably have common software.

Thanks for any info. Maybe I can pass it on to Innova if it's something you can do inside the tool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts