GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed my oil today, and when I started it back up I have a Check Engine Oil Level in the message center.

The dip stick shows full and I have no ideal how to reset that GD light..

I can't find my manual so I'm lost on what to do I've tried pushing the pedal with the ignition on run and nothing.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
i just had this light come on yesterday! i just put my key in the on position and depressed the gas petal 3 times then turned the key off. my manual says to do this for the "change oil" light, but it worked for this too. hope this helps.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Badassilverado said:
Maybe it is different on the 99's?

It is supposed to be that you depress the accelerator 5 times as quickly as possible with the ignition turned to "on." Start the truck and it should be off... it's the same for either light.
:word: 5 times in 3 seconds (or something like that)all the way to the floor.
I know it resets the Change Oil, but I have never had the Oil Level light, but I think it works for both.

BD

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't work on mine tryed that countless times...

If it's like the caddy's you have to let the engine cool off 20º then turn the ignition to run then turn it off take the key out then put it back in and start it..

I'll see if that works this evening.

·
Banned
164 Posts
How much oil did you put in?
After an oil change, put the key in and turn it to the "on" position (don't start it)
Push the pedal five times quickly, and the message center should start blinking, then stop.
You're good to go then.

·
5.5MPG!!!!!!!All Day Long
123 Posts
my oil was low and the light came on and then i added oil and it went off.......u may have a sensor prob or trash around it. my .02

·
5.5MPG!!!!!!!All Day Long
123 Posts
ha ha.......u can get deposits that clog it on the old style sensors

·
Registered
94 Posts
on position, wait for a bit to let everything light up, then pump 5x, you dont have to do it fast, I do it slow, no big rush, it still works

1 - 11 of 11 Posts