GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you have an airlift air commander kit, you have just learned what the rest of us in the industry know. That air lift's designs suck. Their former designer did not think things thru at all. Despite telling us alll how good he was, his designs sucked. The lack of a proper dipstick and filler for the compressor is just the start.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
getting oil into it is a bitch... That and my compressor came with a nylon line. I blew 3 of them in the course of a week. I put a braided steel line in, haven't had a problem since. And some times the BOV is really weak, so it will blow off randomly.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To get the oil into it couldn't you just put some rubber tubing on the end of a funnel and put it in the hole, or can ya not even get the P.S. dipstick out at all? What's the BOV?

·
Registered
41 Posts
way2hi said:
To get the oil into it couldn't you just put some rubber tubing on the end of a funnel and put it in the hole, or can ya not even get the P.S. dipstick out at all? What's the BOV?
The bov is the blow off valve. when you start blowing it off a lot, such as when the psi switch malfunctions, it will start to blow off at a lower pressure. Which is probably what 2k1slvrdo had happen. 2k1slvrdo, weren't you the guy at fsc last year that had a bunch of problems when yours was first installed ?

To fill mine, I ended up taking a transmission funnel, and adding a short piece of pvc hose, and maching a adapter to fit into the compressor. For the cost of these kits, and how much oil they pass, Air Lift should have put some more thought into this part of it. Expecting a customer to check the oil every week is a joke. And if you guys haven't drained your tanks yet, get ready... the tank will have that same oily mess in it that the moisture trap gets. because it doesn't get it all. So the people that say they just add as much new oil as they drain out, be cautious, because you will be running out at some point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts