GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad wants to see a lil spread sheet of everything it takes to bag a truck, i wanted to post what i got so far you guys let me know if im missing anything. i get all my wires, airlines, and fittings for free so i wont included that, but here's everything i got

Airbags-4, unless i got with coolride kit, then 2 bags plus coolride kit, 1/2 ports.
cantileaver
4 link
shocks
10 switch box
gauges-5
450 c viar compressor-2
smc 1/2 air valves-8
8 gallon tank-2

thats everything i got so far, and everything i can think of, let me know how the system sounds, and if im forgettin anything. or maybe some cheaper or easier products out there over the ones i picked.
also i plan on runnin 1/2 inch everything with regulators on my dumps.

Also about the cool ride kit, do i just mount the shock tabs on the lca and frame, set the cups in the lca and shock cup, but the shock cut with the plasama and call it a day?

any advice would be appreciated :head:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
why do you need 5 gauges? all you need is two dual needle gauges, and if you want you can add a third single needle gauge for tank pressure. other than that, everything else looks good. just gotta remember the airline and all of the fittings. also gonna need a c-notch or stepnotch.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
If you're gonna spend $400ish on 2 compressors, you will need an optima red/yellow top most likely. Just spend the extra $200 and get an air commander. I noticed you said cantilever, then 4 link. If your looking at the KP kit, it comes with rear shocks.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Coolride kit comes with bags, but make sure and request 1/2" or 3/8" ports because the ones that the kit comes with are 1/4".

Coolride kit comes with shocks and so does KP components with cantilever, so you don't need to buy those separate.

I agree with getting the air commander, you'll thank yourself later.

Talk to Larry at www.innovativeairsuspension.com . He'll hook you up with some nice prices on everything you need.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im gonna need some explanation on the pressure switch and water trap. thanx for the quick respones, i'll go with the two duel needles, and a single for tank pressure.

also if i go with the air commender, how the hell do i set it up on my 93, i have no idea how these belt drivens go in?

edit: and also if i end up gettin the kp cant/4 link, and coolride up front, all i will need to get is two rear bags, the rest i need to set them up is included. any recomendations on a good rear bag?

·
Formerly Bagged Member
220 Posts
Do some research man, that way you cant get pissed if you end up unhappy with somethin.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The kp kit doesnt come with bags. I've heard great about the Airlift 2b7's. Thats what I bought. The air commander has a fully detailed instruction sheet(thats what airlift says anyways). It says that it is a 4 hour bolt on kit. If you get an engine driven comp, it comes with a pressure switch. The water trap also comes with the engine driven. http://store.gaugemagazine.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1524

1 - 8 of 8 Posts