GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your experience what is your favorite chemical guys wax for a black vehicle. In terms of durability and shine/appearance. It obviously great if a product leaves an unbelievable shine and finish but if it has zero durability whats the point. I have heard butter wet wax is a good one but they also have the petes 53, black luminous glow, and a million others.

Thanks.

I plan to use the following process of 2 bucket wash, clay, rewash, black light, jetseal, hybrid v7, then a good wax to top it all off.

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Blacklight, jetseal, hybrid V7, AND WAX?

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Can't comment on the CG stuff specifically, but we do have a line of dedicated 'black paint' products in our Enthusiast Grade® retail line called Black Edge.

Theres nothing wrong with a tinted product as long as you understand its limitations. Its basically going to rely on the wax + colored tinters to fill in the imperfections and help mask them.

The effects are only temporary - as soon as the wax washes away the results are gone and you need to reapply.

Obviously fixing the issues to begin with is the best option, then the relying on tinted fillers isn't necessary, but at the same time if you want a quick and easy solution that doesn't require tools/pads/etc then a tinted wax is perfect for you.

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
i don't buy the sales pitches for specific color black waxes, the wax doesn't know what color your car is, nor does it Give a shit lol. so don't pay extra for their black wax

Chemical guys has good waxes like XXX carnuba (for the price)
my favorite wax of all time is auto finesse temptation id try that one

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i don't buy the sales pitches for specific color black waxes, the wax doesn't know what color your car is, nor does it Give a shit lol.e
Haha I'm pretty sure the Junkman made a comment in one of his videos similar to what you said.

·
Fender Measurements?
21,152 Posts
Haha I'm pretty sure the Junkman made a comment in one of his videos similar to what you said.
odd cause thats all Saenz watches.

I use Black Light because the depth/gloss and protection its adds to darker colors.

I dont buy into the marketing gimmick of color coding

1 - 7 of 7 Posts