GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here ever use Cherry Wet Wax? You can buy it at Coats Car Care. They make it and you can ordered it from online. I will post pics to show what kind of a shine this can give you. This stuff is unbelievable. Let me get my new truck cleaned up (had to put it in the mud!) and I will post under this tread with the pics.

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
therealgeronimo said:
Anyone on here ever use Cherry Wet Wax? You can buy it at Coats Car Care. They make it and you can ordered it from online. I will post pics to show what kind of a shine this can give you. This stuff is unbelievable. Let me get my new truck cleaned up (had to put it in the mud!) and I will post under this tread with the pics.

Not sure if is the same stuff I have or not.

But if it is .... Cherry wax is good stuff. It leaves a good shine, but here is what it is used for. Cherry wax has no silicone in the wax, so you use it for the first 90 days after you get a paint job. The silicone will seal the paint not allowing it to cure properly, thus making you clear have a "dull" appearance.

Now if you use Cherry wax ... it's good, but I don't care if you put on 1000 coats, the first time you wash your truck all the wax comes off.

If you using it for "new" paint ... cool. If you using it for "protection" bad idea, unless you wax after every wash.

Like I said, not sure if it is the same stuff ... but what I have is called Cherry wet wax.

.. if you like the cherry wax go find some "Butterwax" .. you will love it. Butterwax has silicone and will stay like regular wax .. but leaves no residue, and leaves a wet look.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I think it is the same stuff. It normally last me about 30 or so days before needing rewaxing. I apply it and the a coat of maguires Gold Class (liquid) to keep the shine of the CWW and to add extra protection (this seems to last a whole lot longer, 3-4months).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts